Chapter 3

You rested yourself on the sofa after sent Jiwoon to sleep. You closed your eyes remembering things happened today. You already started to love your work. Hyunjoo also being so nice to you. You just found out that Hyunjoo was 4 years older than your age. 'So that's mean he is 30 and I thought he was older than that. The way he talked and behaved was so matured'. You then shifted your thoughts to your boss. He seems didn't bother with you. You were barely made any contact today. Just twice. First when you've been introduced, second, when he went out to meet his appointment. He came to your desk just to tell you to put the files on his desk after you finished and you can go back home at 5. That was it.

Though him being like that you never care the less. You just wanted to do your job properly. You needed to make a living. You wanted to give a better life to Jiwoon. Your previous jobs does not provided enough for both of you. Not that you were picky but it's just hard when you're the only one to make a source of living. You sighed and got up from your seat. You went back to your room and prepared yourself to sleep.

----

Jungkook just finished showering and dried his wet hair. Tossing the towel on the bed, he went to his wardrobe looking for a shirt to wear. Feeling comfortable with sweatpant and oversized shirt, he lie down on the bed resting himself. He stared to the room ceiling thinking about his conversation with Hyunjoo today.

"Are you satisfied with the event just now?" Hyunjoo asked while driving the car.

"Of course. It's not easy to get hold of such a big stakeholder to continue the contract with us. Moreover we won against our rival. That's a total satisfaction" Jungkook smirked. Hyunjoo slightly smiled. Both of them knew that Kim Corp. is their biggest rival in the business. Always compete with each other. Sometimes they won and the other times they lost. But that's how the game played. Just this time luck has been on their side. They secured bigger agreement.

"Congratulations boss. Do you want to celebrate it?"

"Where?"

"As usual. Your favorite place."

"Let's go." They arrived at the club. They went to their usual table and ordered drinks. Jungkook usually spent his time with just drinking and having his own moment.

"How was your new secretary?" Jungkook turned his head to Hyunjoo. Quite surprised with sudden question.

"I don't know. Nor that I care" He shrugged his shoulders. Hyunjoo chuckled.

"She seems good to me. A good worker I mean."

"You just know her today. So fast to jump into that conclusion."

"I really meant with what I say. She's a fast learner and also quite experienced with the job. I guess it's showed in her resume. She had a plenty of job experiences."

"You read all her details?" Jungkook asked surprised.

"Yeah. I had to do so. I don't want to have more work overload while you  firing people like it's a fun thing to do. I had enough thanks." Jungkook laughed.

"It's not like I want it though. I just can't stand with people who doesn't work hard."

"Chill a bit. Life doesn't move around your work only. Relax a little and have fun."

"What do you mean hyung? Is this not fun?"

"What I mean is try to look for something else. Like having a love life." Jungkook raised his eyebrows.

"You know I don't have time for that."

"You do have time but you just don't want to. Afraid of past?"

"You knew yet you ask."

"Jungkook it's already in the past. Besides your father is old now. He did admit his mistakes. Don't let your past haunt you." Hyunjoo gazed at Jungkook worrily. Jungkook looked away and sipped his drinks. He was afraid. He don't know what he's afraid of.

Jungkook brushes off his mind by shaking his head. Feeling sleepy, Jungkook slowly closed  his eyes.

A/n~ I release the first three parts for now. I will continue to publish more later if there are more people read it 😁😁