Chapter 20

Jungkook was fidgeting his hand. He was nervous. Nervous to know the result of his proposal. Hyunjoo was next to him looking nervous as well even though his expression seemed normal.

The discussion took a bit longer than he thought. He was also surprised that there were too many competitors. He even saw some new company listed on the board.

But he was concerned with a particular company. And from what he heard that the said company had a higher chance to get the project. But deep in his heart he prayed that he'll get it.

Someone he knew came to him with unknowing smiled. He got up to meet the guy that was stopped and stood in front of him.

"I meet you at last Mr. Jeon Jungkook. I'm Kim Namjoon." The man let out his hand. Jung kook took out his hand and shaked it.

"I believe you are the new ceo of Kim's. Nice to meet you."

The said man curved his lips widely showing his dimples on both cheeks clearly. Hyunjoo then let out his hand too and shakes Namjoon's hand with a slight bow. Namjoon nodded his head and putting his hand back to his side.

His attention then turned back to Jungkook. "I heard about you a lot Mr. Jeon. I'm impress how capable you are despite your young age. Now, I know why my father see you as his rival."

Jungkook smirked. "Thanks. But it's still early to compliment me. I assume you too quite capable though you're new here. You come up with great preparations for this project. But I still believe I can get it."

The man smiled and patted Jungkook's left shoulder twice.

"What a confident man. I like that. Although I think I have a better chance in it." He smiled and slightly bowed before got away to go to his place.

Jungkook heaved a sigh. He felt suffocated when he was with that guy. The man sure had such a confident aura. His aura seemed took Jungkook breath while he just standing and talked to him. He turned his gaze towards that man. He was talking to the people and Jungkook can't help admired his personality. People were talking to him with respect and amaze. The man turned his eyes to Jungkook and Jungkook quickly turned his gaze on the floor.

"Oh, damn. You embarrass yourself Jungkook by staring at him," Jungkook whispered annoyingly to himself. Hyunjoo looked at him with a worried expression. 

"Are you okay Jungkook?"

"Ye-yes. Sure."

"You want something to drink?"

"Just bring me a glass of water." Hyunjoo nodded and walked away. Jung kook sat down on the sofa provided in the room. His still waiting for the result. Suddenly his gaze turned towards someone. He didn't clearly looked at the person but he felt familiar with those silhouette. He got up and tried to chase the person but he lost him. It's quite hard to chase him in this place full of people. Suddenly, he felt someone tapped his shoulder and he quickly turned.

"What are you looking at?" Hyunjoo asked gave him the glass. Jung kook took it and drank the water.

"I think I saw someone I knew but I lost him."

"Who?"

"I don't really remember but he was someone familiar."

"Have I seen him before?" Hyunjoo asked again.

"I don't know." Jung kook shrugged but then a noise came from the waiting room. Jung kook walked in and looked at people surrounded Namjoon congratulated him. In instant Jungkook knew he was lost in getting the project. Both him and Hyunjoo looked at each other. Hyunjoo then patted Jungkook's shoulder.

"It's okay Jungkook. It's not our lucky day today."

Jung kook heaved a sigh and smiled weakly to Hyunjoo. He then gestured Hyunjoo to walk to Namjoon and congratulated him.

"Thanks. Anyway I like your proposal but it's just I have an upper hand on it. Hope we will meet and compete again in other projects." He smiled.

"Yeah. Next time, we will get it." Jung kook responded not provoking but just to remind him there are always next time.

"Sure. I'll be glad to wait for it." Namjoon said smiling again.

Hyunjoo and Jungkook then walked out from the building with heavy feelings.