Chapter 7

Back in the car after the appointment, you sat silence looked out of the window. You felt a bit awkward being alone with your boss. The other person was silence as well made the air felt more awkward. You felt that the route back was taking a quite longer than usual. You yawned a bit but closed your mouth with your hand and turned to the side not letting your boss to see.

But to your dismay, the other person already saw what happened and let out a smirk.

"Getting bored?" he asked. You felt your cheeks became red. You shook your head a few times.

"I'm sorry sir. I didn't mean to yawn. It's not because I'm bored. Definitely no." You tried to explain. Jung kook just smiled. 

"It's okay. If I was you, I also yawned. But I really don't know how to liven up the mood." he told the truth. You looked at Jungkook tried to see whether he was lying or not. It was true. He was being honest. 

"You can just ask anything sir. That's one way to live up the mood." You blurted out. Jungkook raised his brows.

"Anything?"

"Yeah."

"Even personal matters?" He pressed the word personal.

You thought for a bit but eventually nodded thinking that your boss might joked with you. But if this wasn't a joke he will not go too far asking something private, right?

"How old is your son?" Jungkook continued after saw you nodded. You startled by sudden question. 

"5 years old." Jungkook was shocked. 'So she had a child when she was 21? That young?'  

"So you raised him alone?"

"Yes."

"So just both of you living together?"

"Yes. Just me and him."

"Are you leaving him somewhere when you work?" Jung kook got interested so he asked more.

"He goes to kindergarten till noon after that his nanny take him to her house." 

"How about your parents? They didn't take care of your son?" Jungkook looked to the side when he didn't get any response from you. You were looking down fidgeting your fingers and bit your lips. He looked back to the front.

"It's okay if you don't want to say. I'm sorry I asking too much." 

You shook your head. You let out a sigh and looked out the window again.

"My parents lived quite far from our place." You sat silenced again. Jung kook sensed the tension in the air but he decided to fell silence as well. 

"I'm sorry sir I can't tell you more. I just don't feel to share it with anyone yet." You spoke through the silence. Jung kook nodded but he remembered something.

"Does Jihyo know about your son?" You nodded.

"Yeah but she doesn't know anything else just like you." she explained.

"I'm sorry again. I just ruined the mood not liven it up." Jungkook simply said but somehow it was funny to you so you chuckled a bit.

"At least I didn't feel awkward anymore. So, you're not totally ruined it." Jung kook faintly smiled.

"Give me your nanny's address. I'll send you there." 

You looked at your boss surprised.

"We're not going back to office?"

"No. It's already past office hours so I send you back."

"Hmm okay." You didn't argue and gave him the address.