Chapter 24

You were standing in awe when your eyes met such a majestic looking hall. Such a feast to the eyes. You felt something deja vu. Its like you were back to your past. Such a feeling that triggered you forcefully remembered about your family.

Jung kook noticed something was wrong. He turned to you but you turned your gaze to the side not letting your watery eyes to be seen. You took a breath and calmed yourself then turned back to Jungkook with a smile. A fake smile.

"Are you okay Y/n?"

"I'm okay."

"Are you sure? You seems quiet since we enter this place. Is there something bothering you?" He looked at you with a concerned face.

"I'm okay. I'm just nervous." You looked at your arm that locked with Jungkook's arm. You let out other hands and lightly gripped Jungkook's arm that locked with you. He patted your hand reassured you to be okay.

"Hey, sorry we're a bit late." Jihyo stood next to you slightly touched your back. You're smiled to her meanwhile Taehyung shook Jungkook's hand.

"It's okay. We're just arrived."

"Wow! Y/n. You're so stunning." Jihyo clasped her hand to her mouth eyeing you up and down.

"And you Jihyo. You look gorgeous."

"Yes, you both are beautiful but my Jihyo is certainly the prettiest." Taehyung never missed a chance to flutter Jihyo's heart.

"Sure, Taehyung ssi. She's your woman after all." You said annoyed but all of them knew you were just being cutely sarcastic. Taehyung was proudly grinned where else Jihyo already blushed.

"To me, you are the most beautiful among the woman here," Jungkook whispered to your ear. You felt your cheeks tinted with red. You shied looking away from Jungkook who still had his eyes on you.

"I'm going to meet the owner of the party. Do you want to come with me?" Jung kook asked you.

"No, it's okay. You can go. I'm going to take a seat." You said as you don't feel the need to meet the said person because you thought you were just accompanying your boss not as his important person.

"I'll be with Y/n," Jihyo added.

"I'll go with you," Taehyung said following Jungkook next.

You and Jihyo were looking for a table designated to you and it doesn't take a long time to find it. You seated next to Jihyo on your left. A waiter came and offered glass of champagne and both of you gladly accepted it. A few moments later, Jungkook and Taehyung came and he comfortably sat next to you meanwhile Taehyung took his place next to Jihyo. You chatted for a while before the sound of a person said hello through the mic made you instantly turned to the voice.

"Hello and a very good evening to all my fellow guest. Thank you for coming to my event. Although it's a congratulatory dinner to celebrate our latest project it is also an event where I'm officially introduced myself as a newly appointed CEO of Kim's Corp. I am Kim Namjoon the son of Kim Taejoon the former CEO and now is our president. I welcome you all to my party. Without further ado, let's continue the event and please enjoy your dinner."

You were so shocked that you felt your stomach sting and you lost your self composed. Your hands were shaking unintentionally. You needed some air so you excused yourself to go to the washroom. Jihyo felt something was wrong with you quickly asked permission from Taehyung to follow you. Jungkook was confused and wanted to go too but Jihyo stopped him.

"I'll go and check on her."

---

You were standing in front of the mirror while your hands on the counter holding your weight. You were breathing in and out to let some air that penetrated your lungs. Your face was pale and you looked down closing your eyes to calm yourselves. Your head was slightly ache due to the shock. Someone touched your shoulder and you startled. You looked at Jihyo who was worried looking at you.

"Y/n?"

"I'm sorry Jihyo. I'm okay."

"You are totally not okay Y/n. You lost your color on your face. What happened?"

"Nothing. I just had a slight headache."

"Are you sure is that all? I noticed your expressions changed when that person started talking. Do you know him?"

Y/n looked at Jihyo with a curious face.

'She sure doesn't remember I was talking about that person before with her.'

You took a deep breath and looked again at the mirror.

"I think I'm a little better now."

"You're avoiding my question Y/n." Jihyo said sternly.

"It's not now. I'm sorry can we talk about it later?" You pleaded. Jihyo heaved a sigh.

"Okay but you promise you'll tell me."

"Sure. Jihyo?"

"What is it?"

"I don't want to go to the hall yet. Can you be with me at the lobby?"

"Jungkook will suspect something you know. He will look for you."

"Please. Just for a while."

Jihyo shrugged her shoulders. "Fine. Just for a while."

"Thank you dear."

Both of you were out from the washroom to go to the lobby.

"Y/n?"

You halted. You turned your back and you were extremely shocked.

"Y/n. Is that really you?"