Chapter 14

Hyunjoo looked at you being nervous about something. You didn't realize him but you actually were worried about Jiwoon. There were some problem arised and you wanted to do something but you were scared to ask Jungkook.

You kept playing with your fingers. Hyunjoo was walking to you but you didn't realized that he was already in front of you.

"Hey, what's wrong Y/n?" You startled surprised by Hyunjoo sudden question.

"Oh. You startled me."

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you but you look too nervous. Is there something wrong?"

"Hmm no-nothing." You tried to hide your problem but Hyunjoo didn't believe you.

"Y/n, just tell me. What is it that bothering you so much?" Hyunjoo asked concerned.

"Hmm...it's about my son."

"What about him?"

"Its just I left him with my neighbour since his nanny going back to her hometown for a little while..." you paused a bit.

"...and," Hyunjoo wanted you to continue.

"...my neighbour called just now that Jiwoon got a fever and his temperature is quite high. She wanted to take him to the clinic but he refused. He wanted to wait for me."

"Oh, that's too bad. You should go back."

"But...we're quite busy now. There's so much to do about this project. I can't possibly leave early."

"Your son is more important Y/n. Just go and ask Jungkook. He definitely let you go back. Don't worry. He might be serious but he is kind." Hyunjoo convinced you.

Somehow, you gather some courage and walked to the Jungkook's room door. You turned back to Hyunjoo and he nodded and signaling his hand for you to go on. You turned back, took a deep breath and knocked the door.

You waited for a while but you didn't heard any voice. You tried to peek your ear but it was silenced. You knocked again and after a few seconds you came in.

You looked at Jungkook who was focusing on his work so much. It can be seen through his face with furrowed brows. You walked slowly towards him.

It seems he didn't realize you were there. You stood there and gulped a bit.

"Excuse me sir," you politely said.

"Oh Y/n, I didn't realize you're coming. Since you're here, can you photocopy this. I need 3 copies of it."

You let out a sigh.

"Yes sir." You came out and went to photocopy machine. After you done, you went back. Hyunjoo was looking at you with the expression 'how was it?' but you just shrugged your shoulders. He quickly went to you.

"What?"

"Mr. Jeon asked me to photocopy this before I could ask." You told him. Hyunjoo facepalmed himself. He took your hand and dragged you back to Jungkook's room.

Both of you were in front of Jungkook's desk. Jungkook looked up weirdly at both of you.

"What is it? Y/n have you done photocopying the paper?" You nodded and handed back to him.

"Jungkook. Y/n need to go back home NOW." Hyunjoo said emphasized the word now deeply.

"Why? But we-"

"Her son is sick and he didn't want to go clinic unless Y/n was there. By the way, her neighbour is taking care of Jinwoo instead of his nanny because his nanny went to her hometown. You need to let her go. I will cover up her work." Hyunjoo explained and you were just stood holding your head down.

Jungkook shook his head and he looked at you.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier Y/n? Okay, you can go. Don't worry about the project. We all can handle it."

You felt guilty but Jungkook reassured you that nothing to worry about. You bowed both at Jungkook and Hyunjoo and excused yourselves to you desk. You tidied up your desk and grabbed your handbag.

You were lucky you didn't have to wait for long for a cab. You quickly shoved in and back to your home.