8..

Oh you didn't think inviting her was a problem?" Deon spoke

Oh you didn't think inviting her was a problem?" Deon spoke. "She was our brothers ex. That's it, it ain't shit else that she got that matters to us. And for all we know they broke up because she cheated on his ass."

"She didn't—

"I didn't cheat on Derion," Amerie spoke up interrupting Delion. "I loved him, and I don't have to prove that shit to anybody. And we broke up because of the streets, because I wanted better for himself. But he was too busy listening to your father that he wouldn't. I just didn't know that next day would be his last," she spoke her voice cracking. "But I loved him, I did, and I have someone that reminds me of him every day," she spoke causing Delion to look at her.

"What?" She spoke as her sisters and brother did too.

"What do you mean?" Deon spoke folding her arms looking at her. "That's why I came here today, thinking that everything was gonna be okay with all of you and me," she spoke fidgeting with her fingernails. "We had a son."

E A C H of them looked at her like she was a ghost. Nothing but silence. Delion sat there at a lost for words. "A son?" Delani spoke before anybody else could. "You were pregnant?"

"It's a long story."

"Okay, well explain it," Deon spoke giving her a look, and not believing her. "Well it's simple," she spoke. "We broke up and that next day he died. As you know, I moved to Lousiana with my mom, and I found out I was pregnant a month later."

"And you're just now telling us?" Delani spoke. "I didn't know how to tell anybody," Amerie spoke fidgeting with her fingernails.

"You didn't know how to tell anybody you had our brothers baby?" Delani spoke. "But you got the nerve to just blurt it out with no problems," she spoke.

Patience sighed as Deon shook her head, folding her arms. "So you want us to believe that there's a kid, and it's my brothers? Yet you've been hiding it from us for two years?"

"I hid it from you and everybody else because I felt like I couldn't then because I was hurt because of his death," she spoke. "But I don't have a reason to put a baby on your brother that isn't his. I would never do that and your brother was the first and only person that I had ever been with, not that it's any of your business," she spoke cocking her head towards Deon.

Deon gave her a look, ready to hit back when Delion interrupted her. "What's his name?" She spoke. "Zahiem," she spoke, speaking of their brothers middle name. "But we call him DJ," she spoke as Delion bit down on her lip. Her heart was beating a mile per minute. She didn't know how to feel, without thinking about her brother. "I'm sorry, Delion," Amerie spoke. "I know we were just getting back close, and I was gonna tell you. I just didn't know when or how—