38

THAT NIGHT

THAT NIGHT

Derek, Malachi, Delion, Delani, and Deon all watched the man of the hour walk into the room as they sat all around the table in chairs. All of them on some all black shit as they watched him walk in alone.

"Good to see you listened."

"Yeah I did," he responded. "And I ain't bring no one. I just wanna know if my family is safe."

"Sit and maybe we'll tell you," Deon spoke.

"Where is my mother and my sister?"

"I'm asking nicely," Deon spoke.

Quincy wanted to say something but he didn't, taking a seat in the chair across from all of them. "Now that wasn't so hard was it, Q?" Deon spoke with a fake smile before it dropped.

"Where is my—

"Your mom and your sister are fine," Delion spoke. "So please stop asking."

Quincy shook his head. "So I'm just suppose to believe y'll?" He asked. "Just like that?"

Delion picked up her phone, dialing a number, and then putting it in. "Bring them in, sis."

The door opened, and his sister and mother walked in, with security behind them. "Quincy," they yelled.

"Momma, Jada," he spoke engulfing them in a hug. "I'm so fucking sorry."

"It's okay baby," his mom spoke, tears coming down her eyes. "We're fine."

Derek cleared his throat, getting the attention of their workers who grabbed the mother and daughter from his arms. They kicked and screamed, but it didn't really matter as they were carried out of the room.

Quincy looked at them, taking back his seat. "Your not letting them go. Are you?"

No response.

"Lani?" He spoke. "I know we been thru shit, but you know my people, and you really will kill them?"

"I'll do whatever I have to do to protect my family," she spoke. "You on the other hand didn't care about your family when you decided to terrorize Demi, terrorize Patience, and her parents. To treat us, the same people who gave you a job, when your mom could barely pay a rent and stay off of drugs, a family. So my question to you is why, why would betray us?"