37...

Be safe okay," She spoke looking in his eyes

Be safe okay," She spoke looking in his eyes. "I can't protect you all the way in Atlanta so don't get into anything okay."

"You know me," he spoke with a laugh. "Yeah, and I just want you to work and be safe, stay doing just you."

"I will," he spoke staring at her. She made the first move, leaning in, grabbing his face, and kissing his soft lips. Their lips dived against one another's, moving, touching, splitting open, and crashing into one another's before she backed away.

"I'll see you in a couple of months," he spoke. "Okay," she smiled, as she watched him walk away, and out of her life.

That next morning as she was sleep in her bed, her phone was ringing off the hook nonstop. She didn't even look at the caller id, and just grabbed the phone ignoring it. Only for it to ring again. This time, annoyed, she grabbed her phone off her stand, and answered it.

She knew it had to of been around twelve or so at night as she did. "What?" She spoke in a sleep deprived voice.

"D-deon," she heard a small yet loud voice speak. And she recognized it instantly because it was the same voice that Cole's mother had.

She looked at the screen of the phone and saw "Cole's Mama" across her screen. She sat up instantly in the bed, sitting in the dark room. "Is everything okay?" She asked.

"No," his mom spoke, her voice strained. "Cole got into a terrible car accident."

"W-what?" Deon spoke. "No," she spoke, gulping down her fear, love, and denial. "I just saw him last night. He was fine. He was suppose to be leaving out of town."

"Baby, I know," his mother spoke. "But he's in the hospital and I don't know what I will do if he doesn't make it thru this," she cried. "He's the only thing I have Deon," she cried.

She knew Cole was the only child. His mother had already lost their father in the military when Cole was fourteen and ever since she only had her son, and did everything she could to protect him.. but she couldn't protect him from this.

"I'm coming," Deon spoke. "Just tell me what hospital."

She thought about that night all while looking at him as he laid in the hospital bed that he had grown accustomed  too for the last six months. Well that his body did, because he still had been unresponsive in a coma for the last six months, which was heartbreaking for mother and Deon.