Not okay

TW: frequent mentions of suicide

She was alone. Isolated. Trapped. Suffering. Jughead Jones had travelled to Toledo to see his mother and sister leaving his girlfriend behind.

Her eyes burned through the walls as she sat on the bright pink bed still and silent. The only sounds were the exploding shouts between her mother and father.

Her phone lit up with Jugheads name as the ID.

"Hey Betts!"

"H...hey Juggie" she said stuttering.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine. You?" She asked. Not fine.

"Yeah good. Jellybean is learning to cook, she tried to make me breakfast yesterday. She set the fire alarm off and mum gave her a lecture about safety. Yet mum loves a good old knife in her enemy's" the boy who had reconnected with his family spoke in joy.

"That's great Juggie"

"Are you sure your okay? Something sounds off" he spoke.

"Everything's fine. I'm just feeling a bit ill"

"I'll be back in a few days. If you're still feeling ill then we can have a movie day and I'll take care of you. I've got to go, mum's found a new burger kitchen. Can't say no to that. Love you" he spoke.

"Love you too" her voice cracked. The line went dead and she layed back on her bed. She squeezed her eyes tight and the tears came rolling down her cheeks.

"Betty are you- Quit the tears! My boss is coming over soon and I don't want him to see that my daughter is a cry baby looking for attention. Get dressed, put your hair back and some makeup on." Alice said walking in.

"What about dad?" Betty asked wanting to see him.

"Do not mention him! He's gone!" She said and walked out. Betty sobbed even more knowing that now her dad had left.

"Please come home Juggie" she whispered and sobbed.

Jugheads POV

"Jellybean don't go all soft on me. I'll cry too" I said hugging my sister tight.

"I don't want you to go" the 13 year old pleaded.

"I know but I have to go back. I'll Skype you I promise"

"Come on JB, we have work to do" Gladys said softly.

"Please come back" JB spoke.

"I promise I'll come back" I said hugging her tighter.

"Take care of yourself. Remember I'm always here" my mum said joining the hug. We pulled away and I slung my bag over my shoulder.

"Now go and suprise your girl" my mum encouraged knowing that I told Betty I was coming back in a few days.

Bettys POV

I applied my lipgloss and covered my scarred arms with a long sleeve, pink sweater. I walked downstairs and saw my mum and her boss sat at the table.

"This is my daughter Elizabeth" my mum explained.

"Hi, I prefer Betty" I spoke shaking his hand and earning a glare from my mum.

"Nice to meet you Betty." he said. I walked past and picked up my text books before going back up to my room to do my essays.

3rd person

*1 hour later*

I walked back downstairs and my mum told me to make two coffees. I carefully took them over and placed my mum's down but as I got to her boss's I knocked my arm and it spilt all over him.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I said putting my hands over my mouth. He stood up and my mum glared at me.

"Elizabeth! I'm so sorry sir. We have some shirts upstairs. Let me get you one" she said taking him upstairs. I then realised I had spilt it all over his important documents.

"No no no no!" I whispered dabbing at them with tissue.

"Elizabeth! These are legal documents! Why are you always such a liability? A disappointment and a useless pathetic girl?!" She shouted. I ran upstairs sobbing and slammed my door locking it. I saw the boss drive away and then heard the door slamming and looked out my window where I saw mum leave the house. I walked into my bathroom and stared at the razor. I ran my fingers over the scars on my arms hissing in pain. I pulled my leggings down and sat against the tub, closed my eyes and traced the blade down my thighs sobbing. That's the last thing I remember before blacking out.

Jugheads POV
I climbed up the ladder to Betty's room but she wasn't in there. I opened the window myself and climbed through carefully.

"Betts?" I called out. I walked past the bathroom but saw something in the corner of my eye. I turned back around and what I saw almost killed me. She was led there on the floor, blood surrounding her slender body.

"Betty!" I shouted kneeling down next to her.

"No no no no. Betty don't do this to me" I sobbed calling the hospital.

I told them the details and they said the would be here in 10 minutes.

"Stay with me baby" I sobbed. The truth of Riverdale was that it wasn't perfect or innocent, or sweet or love filled. It was dark, gloomy and full of hatred. It was a town with secrets lying deep in the dirt covered by the perfect houses and white picket fences. The perfect girl next door, Riverdale's golden girl had finally snapped.