Right now

"But Bettyyyy, your house is so much bigger and it has a huge garden" Veronica sighed.

"No V, I'm not letting you mess up my house. You're loaded with money, just rent a place." Betty protested.

"It won't get too wild I swear. I can't! My dad temporarily blocked my bank account"

"Why? You're 25, surely you have control of your own money?" Betty asked almost mockingly.

"He doesn't see me as responsible enough" Veronica sighed.

"Fine, but I'm not cleaning up. And I'm not joining the party, I'll be upstairs"

"You're joking right? Come ooooonnn you need to cheer up"

"Veronica if you haven't realised I haven't seen my fiance in 3 months so I'm not exactly in the mood to party" she spoke. Jughead had been touring with his book and wouldn't be back for another two months.

"Okay" Veronica sighed giving up.

The party was filled with liquor, music and laughter. All which Betty was missing out on. She got into her pink silky pyjamas and brushed her hair out before getting into bed and watching a true crime documentary to drown out the sounds of god knows what was happening downstairs. She layed on Jugheads side of the bed hoping to smell his scent but he hadn't led there for three months and the sheets had since been changed. She lay there anyway and turned up the TV volume as to block any other sound out.

Veronicas POV
The music was so loud that I almost didn't hear the frantic knocks on the door. I was a little tipsy so I took my time walking to the door in my heels. I opened it and my eyes widened.

"JUGHEAD?" I shouted.

"Veronica? What the hell are you doing at my house? In fact why is my house full of people?" the man asked in shock.

"I threw a party!"

"In my house?" he asked.

"Yeah! Betty said it was fine!" I spoke and noticed how his eyes lit up at the mention of her.

"She did?"

"Well she's not joining in, she's too upset. She's upstairs but she was so annoyed by me I think she just gave in."

"Upset? Why?" he asked. I noticed the worry spread across his face as I spoke.

"She misses you like hell. Wait...don't you have two months left of your tour?" I asked.

"Yes but I have some time off. I came home to suprise her and I was hoping to have a quiet night in with my fiance" he spoke angrily.

"Not my fault. You should've told me and I wouldn't have thrown a party. Plus it would not be quiet, we both know what you'd be doing together" I giggled making Jughead roll his eyes.

"Look, I'm not shutting down the party. But you can go and see her, she's upstairs." I slurred slightly.

"You're a troublemaker Veronica Lodge" he sighed making me laugh before I led him into his own house.

Jugheads POV
I brought my suitcases in from my car and took them upstairs storing them in our closet space before walking up to our bedroom door. I wrapped my fingers around the handle and slowly opened the door.

3rd person

Betty was half way through the documentary when she heard the squeaky door open. Oh for god's sake she thought.

"Wrong room. If you're looking to fuck whoever you're with then leave my house and if you're looking for the bathroom it's further down on the left" she spoke to who she thought was a stranger, not even bothering to look at them.