New guy

A/N requested by -Bubbly-Snowflake-

Hey guys, sorry for not uploading in a few days, I feel really bad but I've been dealing with some stuff and it didn't help that I also had a huge case of writers block. Hope this makes up for it💗💗xx

Betty's POV

"Hey Jug, you're later than usual?" I asked as he sat next to me.

"I had to finish another chapter of my book." he explained as he wrapped an arm around my waist. I smiled and leant into his shoulder after pecking his cheek.

"Have you guys met the new guy in town yet?" Kevin squealed.

"New guy?"

"No"

"What?"

"Is he hot?" Veronica cut everyone off. She earned a glare from Archie but just pecked him on the lips.

"You bet he is!" Kevin said excitedly.

"What's his name?" I asked.

"I think it was Hayden Woods" Kevin answered and I froze. No. No he can't be here.

"Betts...you okay?" Jughead asked snapping me out of my trance.

"Uh..um yeah... I'm just gonna use the bathroom" I excused and practically ran out of the main diner. I ran into the bathroom and into a cubicle- not having time to lock it- before I threw up. I sat against the cubicle wall and let the tears flow.

It's fine Betty. No one needs to know, you've kept it a secret this long. Just avoid him at all costs. It's fine.

I breathed shakily and wiped my tears.

"Betty?" Veronica spoke.

"Veronica, what are you doing here?"

"You literally ran out, we were worried"

"Well you don't need to be. I'm fine" I lied.

"Betty... you've been crying. Come on, we're best friends, tell me what's going on" she spoke softly.

"I...I know the new guy" I choked out.

"Okayyy, so?" she asked.

Veronicas POV

"How do you know him?" I asked.

"Well you know me and Jughead broke up for two years before I moved away from Riverdale?" I asked.

"Well I met this guy when I was there. He was at my college and was really sweet. We got to know eachother really well and then he asked me out. It was literally perfect, maybe it was just to get my mind off of Jug but I didn't care. After about a month we became official and I spent most nights at his house, just cuddling and watching movies"

"Right. So what's the problem?" I questioned.

"One night he wanted to take things further. I wasn't ready because I was still trying to forget about Jug. So I told him I wasn't ready and he got really angry. He'd never been like that before, he just snapped. So...he slapped me" she breathed.

"I thought it was a one time thing V. He apologized the next day and made it up to me with a romantic dinner. I put it to the back of my mind for weeks, until he got drunk and hit me again"

"Didn't you tell someone?" I asked in shock.

"I tried to make myself believe it wouldn't happen again. Then he wanted sex, this time I felt more ready so I agreed. It then felt really wrong, so I stopped it before it got to heated" she admitted making my face drop.