Different Pt2

Jughead's POV

Age 17

A lot has changed. I've finally taken over the role as serpent leader. My life currently revolves around college applications and the gang. I'll be the first Jones to ever go to college and I have to say it's nerve-wracking. My dad is going to keep an eye on the serpents whilst I'm there and then I will determine my job and my role in the gang and decide what to do. Toni, Fangs and Sweetpea are still my closest friends and I wouldn't change that for the world. I guess she'll always just be there. No matter how happy I am, she's the one thing that my jigsaw puzzle needs to be completed.

"Oi Jones!" Toni shouted from the school stairs.

"What?" I asked tiredly.

"Haven't you heard!" Sweetpea asked with an unusually happy look on his dull face.

"Uh...no?"

"Southside high is closing down!" Fangs cheered and high fived Sweetpea.

"We're finally getting out of this hell hole!" Toni laughed and hugged me.

"Wait. Wait wait, where will we go?" I asked, freezing their excitement.

"Is it not obvious? Riverdale high!" Toni smiled.

"And you know who's there..." Fangs added warily.

"Betty..." I sighed. We hadn't spoken to her since a few months after she left, so i reckon its been over a year. We met up with the girl a few times, which turned into phone calls, which then turned into messages, and then nothing. Her mum completely cut her off from the Southside. It broke my heart to see her leave but what broke it even more was the fact that she became nonexistent. I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited to see her. I just don't know if she'll be excited to see us.

Bettys POV

I walked into school and saw Veronica with Archie. There were stood behind a table in the hall with a bunch of papers on it.

"V? What are you doing?" I asked.

"Didn't you hear? Southside closed down. They're transfering here and to Greendale" she replied. Holy shit.

"B? B? Snap out of it!" Veronica interrupted the long trance I was in.

"You okay Betty?" Archie asked worriedly.

"Yeah, uh sorry. I'm just tired, late night studying" I excused. God, I hope he transfers here. I hope they all do. I've missed them, I've missed him...

"We've gotta do tours" Veronica continued. I helped to set up and waited for the new students to arrive. That's when the doors bursted open.

3rd person

The doors swung open and in walked a myriad of different students. Right at the front was Jughead and he immediately caught Betty's eye once he had stopped in his tracks. She smiled widely and a grin spread across his face. She stepped forward slightly, wanting to go to him.

"I don't bite mini Coop" he smirked, holding his arms out. She ran into them and hugged him as tight as she possibly could. At this point most people were frozen. That's until one interrupted.

"Oi! Jug, let me see my Cooper. You've had a hug with your hopeless crush" Toni intruded, making Jughead glare at her. Betty smiled and hugged Toni before Sweetpea ruffled her hair and Fangs spun her around.

"Uh...B?" she heard, sending chills through her. She turned around awkwardly and looked back at her friends.

"You know the serpents?" Veronica asked.

"Uh...yeah" she smiled sheepishly.

"Okay, hold on. Everyone come and grab your timetables!" Archie shouted, not wanting to talk about this in public.

"I'll speak to you later Juggie. I promise" she whispered, using the old nickname. She noticed how different he looked. He was extremely tall and he was slightly muscular. His lower lip had a scar and his hair had grown. Locks were hanging in his face and his beanie actually fit him properly now.

Jughead nodded and went to get his timetable, not before looking at her again. She had changed too. She was in a pink sweater with light blue jeans, the opposite of her old clothing. Her hair was in a tight ponytail and she had more makeup on her face than he'd ever seen on her before. She was still a lot shorter than him but had grown slightly.

Betty's POV

Once every student had cleared out, it was time for me to come clean.

"Im a Southsider. We didn't really move from New York. My mum wanted to leave the past behind so she made me lie about it all. I was in the serpent gang, though I didn't get the tattoo as I was too young. Those people are my friends and the people I grew up with. So if you're gonna judge me at least leave them out of it" I explained.

"B, no one's judging you. Okay yeah maybe Reggie Mantle but he's a typical jock. Cheryl Blossom will have something to say but when does she not? Me and Arch don't give a damn, you're still the same Betty Cooper" she replied, making my heart warm and relief washed over me. The only thing is, I'm not. I am different.

"Yeah of course. No judgement, you never had to lie to us. Now let's go to maths and do pointless crap" Archie grinned and put his arms around mine and Veronica's shoulder's.

Lunch

I found an empty table and sat down, waiting for Archie and Veronica. All of a sudden, Veronica, Toni and Fangs walked in together talking and laughing. The only thing that split them between Southside and Northside was the clothes they wore. It's like they'd been best friends since they were children. Next, Archie arrived with Jughead and they seemed to be having a serious conversation. 

Archies POV 

On the way to the canteen Jughead and I managed to end up talking about him and Betty. He had told me about their childhood friendship and that they'd never been apart until Betty moved. Eventually he came to the knowing conclusion that he was in love with the girl. He told me he had questioned it for ages until the day she left and it felt like his heart had been torn in two. 

"So she cut of all contact? That doesn't seem like her" I asked.

"Her mum encouraged her to move on. Alice Coopers version of encouragement means she basically forced her. The Coopers I know are very different to the Coopers you know. I know the real Coopers, you know the Coopers that Alice wanted you to know. The perfect family with the perfect grades, personalities and jobs. She recreated her family, its all fake Arch" he exposed.

"Who is the real Betty then?" I asked, wanting to know how much she had changed.

"Betts was the type of girl who didn't care what people thought. She wore oversized t-shirts, barely any makeup and put her hair in messy buns. She always had her head on someones lap and use to fall asleep all of the time. She cracked under pressure, rebelled against her mum, wasn't afraid to stand up for herself and had no filter. Betty wasn't afraid to make mistakes, take a risk, get herself into a little bit of trouble. She was imperfectly perfect" he smiled at the memories. God that guy is whipped. I made gagging sounds and he nudged my shoulder hardly before we burst into laughter. 

"Dude just talk to her. She wouldn't shut up about you when she first came, she just kept the serpent gang part away from us. She clearly feels the same way" I suggested.

"Its just not right anymore. She broke me, she didn't even try to rebel against her mum to get in contact with us. The old Betty would've done whatever it took, shes just...different"

A/N Part 3? Will Bughead rise or fall?