Priorities

A/N requested by MagicalDove
Thanks xx

"Honey, you have to tell him" Alice spoke as she rubbed her daughter's back.

"Are you kidding?! I can't, he doesn't need this! He doesn't want any of this!" she shouted.

"How do you know that? Jughead loves you Betty, he will stay" Alice assured.

"This is too much for him" she answered bluntly.

"Betty he's the child's father, he deserves to know. It's not like you can hide a baby bump for the whole pregnancy! You can't hide any of the sickness, dizziness, large bump near the end. He's going to find out eventually" Alice informed. Betty groaned and put her head in her hands.

"What if he hates me for it? What if he gets angry? Or freaks out? Then what am I suppose to do! He has such a bright future ahead of him and I'm going to wreck it, I don't deserve him" she complained.

"Betty, calm down. You're stressing yourself out and it's not good for you. Jughead loves you, he looks at you like you're the only girl in the world. I can tell you now that boy will stick by you forever" Alice persuaded her fragile daughter. What else could she do? Watching her daughter go through this was bringing her nothing but heart ache. She couldn't take the pain away, she could only ever console her and that would have to be enough.

"I have to tell him" Betty sniffed and started to cry as she brought her hands from her face to her stomach and held them there.

Betty's POV

"Hey baby" Jughead spoke as he walked into my room.

"H...hey" I sniffed.

"You okay?" he asked, already sensing something was off.

"I need to talk to you" I replied, his face filled with worry as he sat down next to me on the bed and took my hands in his.

"What is it Betts?"

"I....I...I uh I'm...." I choked out, tears streaming down my face.

"Betts, you're scaring me. You can tell me anything" he spoke softly as he squeezed my hands lightly.

"I....I'm pregnant"
He froze, his hands left mine and he looked down at the ground.

"You're...you're? I'm sorry, I need to go" he blurted out and rushed out of the room. I sat there for a few seconds before doubling over in sobs. I fell to the floor and bawled my eyes out, every part of my body aching. I knew this would happen, I knew it.

Jughead's POV

I reached my car and got in, slamming the door before slamming my fists against the stirring wheel and broke into sobs. How could I have been so stupid? I got her pregnant! I've ruined her chances at college! She's 16! How are we meant to do this? Now she thinks I hate her, god I don't. I fucking love her, I hate myself for not being responsible.

I spent about an hour in the car, just crying and punching the wheel before I began to calm down. Okay, so I wasn't responsible first, but now I had to be. The responsible thing to do is calm myself down and then go to her. I can't go to her whilst I'm all tense and angry.

Betty's POV

Just under two hours later, there was a light knock on the door.

"Yeah?" I murmured from the pillow my face was buried in.

"Can I come in?" Jughead spoke. What was he here for now?

"Whatever" I sighed and I heard the door squeak open.

"Betts, I'm sorry. I needed to calm down before-"

"I don't wanna hear it. You ran out, leaving me sobbing on the floor before I threw up like 5 times. You clearly don't care enough and you're not taking the responsibility" I sat up and complained.

"I know, it was wrong to just leave you but if I stayed I would've took it out on you. Betts I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at myself. I fucked up, now we're dealing with the consequences of my stupidity" he sighed.

"Jughead, you can't blame yourself. We used protection every single time. You know how safe I made sure we were, there isn't one time that you didn't use a condom. It's no one's fault Juggie. Do you want our baby?" she asked.

"Of course I do, Betts this is really early and we're really young but I always knew we would eventually do this. Okay it's a lot sooner and maybe we aren't prepared but I love you so much. I'm prepared to do this. However, it's not about me, it's your body and your choice. What do you want to do?" he asked me. My brain was swirling and I felt sick.

"Hold on" I gagged before running to my bathroom and throwing up. Only seconds later, he held my hair back and rubbed my back as I continued to let everything out.

"That's it, let it out" he soothed when I coughed up more. Once I'd finished I turned away from the toilet and he pulled me onto his lap on the floor. He stroked my hair back and tucked it behind my ear before kissing my forehead.

"I want this baby Jug" I whispered and he nodded, his hand resting on my flat stomach. I smiled down at it before looking back up to him.

"I'll support you in any choice. We can do this, we'll have our friends, family and so many others around us" he reassured me.

"Can we keep it to ourselves for a while? I like that it's our little secret. Only my mum knows because we found out together when she bought me the tests. She's okay with whatever we do and wants to support in anyway possible" I explained.

"We could really use her help. That sounds perfect" he agreed and pecked my cheek.

"Right, why don't you brush your teeth to get rid of the sick taste, get into your pyjamas and get into bed?" he suggested.

"That's all I want right now, oh and cuddles...and one of your amazing massages!" I asked excitedly. He chuckled and nodded before leaving me to do my teeth.

Jughead's POV

I set up her bed with her laptop to watch movies, some popcorn, blankets and lots of pillows. She came out of the bathroom and motioned for me to remove my shirt for her to wear as PJ's. I took it off and she got dressed into it and some underwear before getting under the covers. I stripped down to my boxers before climbing in and wrapping her up in my arms. She cuddled tightly against my chest as I pressed play on the film.

*Morning*

My eyes opened when the door shifted open and Alice popped her head round the door.

"Hiya Jughead" she whispered.

"Morning Miss Cooper" I replied quietly as I ran my hand through Betty's hair.

"Did everything go okay?"

"It was a bit rocky, I freaked out but it was fine in the end. We're keeping the baby" I answered making her smile widely.

"I'm really happy for both of you. Anything I can do, just let me know. One more thing, take care of my daughter" she whispered sternly.

"You've got nothing to worry about, Betty and the baby are my main priorities. They always will be" I promised, and I kept that promise.