Flames

A/N suggested by floralemi hope you like it!❤️🤞🤞

Betty's POV

I walked downstairs with the candle ready to set light to my childhood home. I would drop it and then leave straight away. Placing the candle down I realised I forgot my phone and ran upstairs. I grabbed it and reapplied some lip balm before opening my door to go and ruin my house. I opened the door and got to the stairs when I halted. Flames.

They were crawling down the hall reaching the stairs and trapping me.

"No no no" I whispered not knowing what to do.

"Betty! I'm home-" I heard.

"Oh my god!" my mum screeched.

"Mum! Please help!" I screamed.

"Hello, please my house is on fire and my daughter is trapped upstairs" is all I heard.

"Betty, get to the furthest room away! I can't reach you but the firefighters may be able to"

"Mum I'm scared" I shouted sobbing but got no reply. I rushed to the furthest room, which was my mum's bedroom. What was I expected to do? Wait here until I burn to death? Or some firefighter finds me unconscious?

Jughead's POV

"Jughead! You need to get to mine. Betty's house is on fire and I'm stood outside!" Archie shouted through the phone.

"What? Where is she?"

"She's... she's...in there" he said causing me to hang up and get on my motorbike. I drove as fast as I could, it was dangerous but I needed to get there. I parked up my bike and jumped off before running up to the front of the Cooper house. Veronica was stood next to Archie almost crying and Alice was stood with a firefighter. All just stood there whilst Betty's life is in danger? I tried to rush in but was pushed back.

"Jug I already tried to go in. They won't let us" Archie paced.

"Sir, you can't go in there. I can assure you our firefighters are trying to find Ms Cooper" one man spoke. I shrugged him off before going in ignoring his shouting. I covered my nose and mouth with my flannel and kept low trying to see through the smoke and sparks. I edged around the walls but when I got to the stairs they were completely blocked with angry flames. I ran back out and round the back of the house bringing Archie with me.

"She'll be in her mum's room. We can get her out of the window. Ask them whether they have something she can land on" I spoke before Archie ran off. I threw a bunch of stones at the window causing Betty to run to the window. She was sobbing and coughing constantly.

"Open the window!" I shouted. She followed the instruction and opened it.

"Betts, I'm gonna need you to jump!" I shouted as Archie and two men brought a large thick mat out and placed it in line.

"What? No I can't do that!" She shouted panicking.

"You don't have a choice!"

"Jug-"

"Betty I need you to jump. Please trust me"

"Okay" she said before coughing again before looking back at the fire creeping towards her.

"You can do this" I said locking eyes with her to assure her. She looked back at the now flaming house before stepping up to the window.

I nodded and she closed her eyes before jumping. It all went so quick that once she landed I ran up to her and wrapped my arms around her.