Favourite girls

3rd person

Betty walked through the door with tired eyes, and a dizzy head.

"Hey baby" Jughead welcomed her through the house and helped her take her coat off.

"Hi" she replied bluntly as she took her shoes off.

"Honey, come sit down" he persuaded.

"Sorry Jug, I've got too much to do. I've gotta find something for Juliet's dinner, make our dinner, clean our filthy kitchen, shower, eat, do the washing up and then get Juliet ready for bed" she sighed.

"Baby, slow down" he started as he rested his hands on her shoulders. He could feel how tense she was and immediately wanted to take her stress away.

"I've already given Juliet dinner, our food is in the oven, I cleaned the kitchen and did the washing up and Juliet is in her pyjamas, playing with her dollhouse" he finished.

"Jug, you're a life saver" she thanked and hugged him tightly.

"Come on, you need a glass of wine and a foot rub" he spoke and pressed a kiss against her head.

"That sounds perfect" she admitted. He checked on their dinner before pouring her a glass of red wine and walking back to the couch where she was led down.

"Lift your legs up" he instructed. She did so and he sat down, placing them on top of him. He passed her the glass of wine and she sipped at it as he gave her one of his foot rubs.

"God, I needed this" she whispered as her eyes closed. Soon after she drifted off to sleep and he put her glass on the floor.

"DADDDDD!" Juliet came rushing down the stairs.

"Shhhhh!!!!" he whisper shouted.

"Mummy's asleep, she's tired and needs to rest" he whispered as Juliet came closer.

"Oh...I came to ask for a bedtime story" she explained. He moved off of the couch and turned off the oven before going upstairs with Juliet.

Jughead's POV

I closed the book and pressed a kiss to her forehead before turning the night light off. I then went back downstairs and decided to wake Betty, otherwise she wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. I peppered kisses all over her face and down her neck but she didn't shift. So I went to her collarbone, still nothing. I then went to her hair and pressed a few kisses on her head. I saw a smirk and knew I was right, she'd been awake this whole time and just wanted me to keep going. I shook my head and stopped, causing a frown to appear on her face. Her eyes fluttered open and she pretended to wake up.

"Bad acting gorgeous. I know you were awake" I chuckled.

"Well, I wanted kisses from my husband" she excused.

"You can have kisses anytime" I whispered into her ear, making her giggle.

"Can we eat though? I'm starving" he added.

"You always are" she laughed as he picked her up. He put her on a chair and served her meal to her before sitting down himself. He devoured his in minutes whilst she took her time to eat.

"If you want any help with that..." he teased.

"Hands off mister, I like to savour my food" she glared at him.

"So how was work?" he changed the subject.

"Stressful. These column deadlines are killing me" she complained.

"Don't overwork yourself. It's not healthy" he reminded.

"I know, I just don't want to disappoint my boss. She trusts me with this position and I can't let her down" she huffed.