New start

A/N: Credit to my_life__my_choice for their amazing idea! I loved writing this so thank you💖 I'm currently reading through everyones requests and I will write as many as I can over time. I'm sorry if yours doesn't get done for a while, just remind me if yours still hasn't been done after a while. Love you all, your requests and support honestly are a big encouragement. Enjoy! Xx

Betty hated keeping secrets. She backed away from lies, tricks and betrayal. However, her life was centered around all of those right now. Betty was a ghoulie, in fact she was heir to the throne and daughter to Alice and Hal Cooper. Her parents had trade deals with a separate gang of Ghoulies in Greendale so Betty was forced into a marriage with the son of the leaders, Malachi. She had begged and pleaded with her parents for months but she knew it was her dreaded fate. What made it worse is she was already in love with another man. A man who was tall and slim but muscular, with green eyes she adored and raven hair. A man who treated her like a princess and showered her with love every moment he spent with her. He still gave her the same butterflies that appeared the day she met him. That man was Jughead Jones, heir to the serpent throne and enemy to all ghoulies. That's where it all began, the forbidden romance that turned everything sour...

"I've missed you" Jughead sighed as he wrapped his arms tightly around Betty. 

"You have no idea" she replied whilst burying her face into his chest. He felt his t-shirt go damp and noticed she was crying.

"Baby, please don't get upset" he soothed, pulling apart a little to wipe her tears away and kiss her forehead. 

"I hate this" she cried. 

"I know...I hate hiding it too" he replied. She shook her head and stepped back. 

"I don't mean that" she revealed, her heart starting to break. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion so she spoke again. 

"I mean I hate what I have to do" she explained, her whole body shaking. 

"Betts, you're scaring me. What are you trying to say?" he asked softly. 

"The wedding is in a few weeks and I can't put you through this all. You deserve better" she choked out, wrapping her arms around her own shaking Betty. He tried to step towards her but she stopped back again. 

"Don't you dare give up on us like that" he scoffed, rubbing a hand over his face. 

"I don't want you to get hurt Jug" she explained but he wouldn't take any of it. 

"You're doing the one thing that could actually hurt me" he scoffed, turning away from her. He couldn't even bare to look at the girl he loved. She was just ditching him, giving up on him.

"Just go" he spoke, still not turning back to look at her. 

"Jug..."

"Go Betty" he repeated sternly and heard her run away as he sank to the floor. He'd lost her, she wasn't coming back. 

1 month later

"You look beautiful Betty" Veronica smiled sadly, adjusting her best friends veil. Veronica was the only one who knew about Betty's scandalous romance with a serpent. The girls spent the past few weeks having sleepovers so Betty could vent and cry whilst they stuffed their faces with ice cream. 

"I just want him at the end of that isle" I cried. 

"I know hun..." she replied, wiping my tears quickly in order to save my makeup. 

"Come on, let's get this over and done with" Veronica encouraged and we walked to our positions.

I reached Malachi and he tried to grab my hands but I pulled them back. "Don't touch me" I hissed making him roll his eyes but give me a fake smile. I've had to spend a lot of time with him recently to sort out arrangements and he's just an over confident prick. 

"Malachi, do you take Betty to be your lawfully wedded wife?" he was asked. 

"I do" he spoke, slipping the ring on my finger. I felt sick to the stomach waiting to be asked the same thing. 

"Betty, do you take Malachi to be your lawfully wedded husband?" I was asked. I shifted my glance to my parents who were glaring at me. I turned back and took a deep breath. I was about to answer but the doors bursted open. A figure rushed in and I recognised it as the man I loved. 

"Wait! Betty please just hear me out" he pleaded, everyone staring at him and the symbol on his jacket. 

"Get that serpent scum out!" my dad shouted to his main men but I interrupted. 

"No! Just wait...please" I begged my parents and ran to him.

"Juggie, you can't be here" I spoke softly, holding a wave of tears back. 

"Betty please...you can't do this. You don't want this do you? I know this isn't what you're meant to end up as...you deserve better. I love you too much to let you just throw your life away" he pleaded, hand rested against my cheek. Everyone was glaring at us and my parents stood in shock. 

"Okay" I said simply. 

"Okay?" he asked. I nodded, a grin slipping onto her face. She yanked the ring off and dropped it on the floor. 

"I'm sorry mum. I'm sorry dad but I don't want this. This isn't me. I don't want to be a ghoulie" I announced seeing them grow red with fury. 

"Pack a bag baby. We're getting out of this town" Jughead spoke softly to me. 

"Where are we going?" I asked, whilst grabbing his hand and rushing out of the building before we could be stopped. 

"Wherever you want" he grinned as we got into his check. I pulled him into a passionate kiss before intertwining our hands as he drove off. I rested our linked hands on his thigh as we made our way to my house. 

"This is crazy" I giggled as we got out of the car. 

"I like crazy" he smirked and pecked my lips. We spent a short amount of time packing up everything and I got changed out of my dress into his hoodie and some black ripped jeans.

Hours later we were stood at the train station, Veronica hugging me as tight as she possibly could. She was the one person I was going to miss. 

"I love you V" I cried, holding her tightly. 

"I love you too B. I'll leave the ghoulies and..I'll make a better life for myself. You promise to call every week?" she asked. 

"I promise and please just get away. That town is bad" I spoke. She nodded and let go of me, Jughead waiting in the distance. 

"You hurt her and you'll have me to deal with" Veronica ordered but hugged him anyway. They had met a few times and really hit it off. Jughead chuckled and hugged her back before she stepped away from us. He clasped my hand, picking up our suitcases and walking to our platform. We found our seats on the train and sat down, my head resting on his shoulder. Veronica waved and blew me a kiss, letting her tears fall. I returned the gesture and watched her walk away. I turned into Jughead's shoulder and cried softly. 

"Hey...she can come visit any time" he assured, hugging me tightly. I nodded and he kept an arm around me as we set off into a new life. 

"You ready?" he asked, pressing his lips to my temple. 

"More than ever"