Treehouse

A/N requested by juggiesjuliet_xo

Hoping this is the kind of thing you wanted🤞🤞🤞

Bettys POV

"Elizabeth you've been very good this week. Here's your candy" Sister Woodhouse grinned and passed me a cup. I smiled before walking back to my room and dumping it in the bin. It's my first week out of the cellar and I can't stay here any longer. What happened down there has scarred me and I can't stop picturing it. I had spent these past few days sneaking off and finding different exits, one of which was accessible. I was going to leave tonight, however there was alarms everywhere so I'd have to run for my life.

I got into bed that night feeling sick and panicked. Sister Woodhouse checked in on me and gave me some more candy (which I threw away) before leaving me to sleep. I couldn't, I haven't slept since I got here. I would just stare at the cold damp walls and cry out in pain until they punished me for it. The cycle was on repeat and I couldn't do it anymore. I climbed out of bed and unlocked the door carefully. There was a tiny passage way that I had seen the other side of when I was outside for our daily fresh air. I then made my way through the endless corridors and down the stairs before I made it to the small passage way, my body had become so thin that I could fit through, plus the fact that I was naturally small anyway. I unbolted it and crawled through, when I reached the exit and got out alarms started to surround the building. Lights switched on and the doors were unbolted. I sped over the lawn and tripped on a rock, falling flat on my face.

"Elizabeth isn't in her room!" I heard a shout.

"She's outside!" another one screeched. I picked myself up and noticed I had done something to my leg, there was no time to fix it so I just kept running and running, trying to ignore the pain. I ran for a good 10 minutes before I reached the woods, huffing and puffing I leant against a tree and looked up at the night sky. I noticed something blocking my view and pushed myself away to see what it was. A treehouse, it's either sleep on the floor or in there. I smartly decided on the treehouse and climbed up the ladder. It was very minimalistic, just a few pillows but it would do. I rested my head on the soft dark blue pillow and let the tears flow. I had finally escaped, I was free....yet I felt so trapped, what am I going to do now?

Jugheads POV

The ring made contact with my face making me wince.

"DON'T YOU DARE QUESTION ME AGAIN" my dad bellowed before punching my jaw.

"You disgust me" he spat before storming out of the rusty trailer. I held back my tears as I cleaned up my cuts in the small bathroom.

"Fuck" I whispered in agony when I tried to wipe the blood from my cheek. I had to get out of here before I end up dead. Rushing to my room, I packed up my things and knew where I could stay for a few nights before I found a suitable place. I took my motorbike and rode to Sweetwater River. I reached my old treehouse and started to climb up the ladder.

Betty's POV

I sat there letting the tears fall, my leg was throbbing. Suddenly, the ladder started to creak and I jumped back in panic. Someone was here. They'd found me! I curled up in the corner and buried my face in my hands waiting to be taken back to hell.

I heard the person almost fall back so I looked up and saw a guy who was trying to grip on in shock.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked in confusion.

"I would ask you the same thing, but I'm kinda trying not to fall off of a ladder" he spoke.

"Oh" I whispered.

"So....are you gonna help?" he asked, I then noticed I was sat there like a statue whilst he was literally about to fall from a tree.

"Shit, sorry" I cursed, jumping into action. I helped pull him up so that he was sat opposite me. Jeez he was hot. Like super, but his face was bloody and bruised.

"What happened to..." I started tracing my fingers on his swollen face. He winced and moved away.

"Sorry"

"It's fine...I uh just got into a fight. Who are you?" he asked.

"I'm uh... Elizabeth. Well I prefer Betty"

"Right, and what are you doing here?" he asked. Memories of the hell I'd been through when he said that. The whole reason I was here was because of that wretched place.

"Um...uh I..u" was all I could get out before I burst into tears. Suddenly, I felt his arms wrap around me. I turned my head and buried it in his chest as my whole body wracked with sobs.

Jugheads POV

I rubbed her back and let her cry into my chest for about 10 minutes before she calmed down.

"Sorry, a complete stranger just had a meltdown infront of you" she apologized wiping her tears as she pulled away.

"Nah it's fine. Though you could've helped me from falling out of a tree a little sooner" I said goofily. She smiled shly and brushed her hair behind her ear. She was beautiful. I could get lost in her ocean eyes for hours, her hair was golden and her smile was adorable. 'Okay this isn't some real life movie shit Jughead. Just stay here tonight and then leave'

"I'm Jughead by the way. We don't really know eachother, so let's both just go to sleep and then I'll leave tomorrow okay?" I asked.

"Oh, yeah okay" she spoke with a hint of what seemed like disappointment.

I woke up to she sounds of light sobs. It was 4:00am and she'd been crying for hours, I would comfort her but I don't even know her. It would be weird...right? We were on opposite sides of the treehouse with our backs towards each other. She probably just wants to be alone so I let her be.

10 minutes later

"J...ju... I can't... can't...breathe" was all I needed to hear before I sat up and brought her into my arms.

"Hey it's okay, just listen to my heartbeat okay? Follow my breathing" I spoke softly. It wasn't weird, it felt nice to have her cuddled into me. Not happening Jughead.

I snapped out of my thoughts and continued to help her breathe.

"Take a sip" I spoke taking the cap off of the water bottle I brought and passed it to her. She took a small sip before giving it back.

"Thanks I-"

"It's obvious we aren't getting anymore sleep. So let's get to know eachother" I interrupted. She nodded and smiled.

3rd person

The two spent all night and morning finding out about eachother and laughing about anything and everything. Two broken souls came together and made a very unusual friendship. Neither new about eachothers problems as the conversation stayed light but soon they would be closer than ever. Just two ordinary people...with two not so ordinary lives.

A/N there will be part two!💗💗