Escape

A/N requested by floralemi hope you like it!!!

As the cast of the heather's school production prepared for their final number Betty and Jughead ran in, fearing they were late.

"You're on in 5. Make sure you know what you are doing" Kevin said before rushing off with his clipboard. The couple cleaned the dirt off their faces and got into costume before rushing over to the wings of the stage before all going on and performing.

Betty's POV

We finished and stood their before one individual started clapping. It was a slow deafening clap from the back of the room, as the person stood up. I couldn't make out who it was but the audience looked back and gasped. The figure walked into the light and my breath caught in my throat. No. No. No.

"So nice to see my daughter up on stage. I've missed it" Hal spoke. My dad...out of prison?

I saw FP about to call what I assume would be the police but dad noticed and pulled out a gun on me.

"If anyone even tries anything, I shoot" Hal spoke before walking up the steps and onto the stage. I stood their looking straight forwards and holding my breath as I heard the footsteps get closer. Tears rolled down my cheeks as he reached me and put his hand on my cheek.

"Cheer up Elizabeth. Aren't you happy to see me?" he chuckled.

"Stay away from her" Jughead spoke with gritted teeth.

"Oh I'm sorry, did you not here? One more word and she's dead" my dad replied making me wince.

"Betty you're going to come with me okay? Any struggle and I'll kill you" he said before hastily locking his arm around my neck. Jughead almost jolted forwards but I shook my head. I mouthed I love you to him just in case it was the last time before I was dragged away. He forced everyone to give him their phones and baracaded them in.

"Everyone stay still" Hal spoke to everyone else before we left.

Jughead's POV

"Dad, call the police" I spoke as everyone rushed to their parents. We were trapped.

"I can't, he'll kill her if they show up" he argued.

"I'm not losing her dad, I can't" I panicked.

"You won't son, just give me a minute to figure things out" he sighed.

I paced back and forth in turmoil, a bleak chance that I would see Betty again. I kicked over two chairs making everyone jump before I stormed over the door and started pulling it at it.

"Jug, Jughead stop!" Toni shouted running over.

"I have to get to her!" I shouted hitting the door.

"We will, I promise" Fangs spoke as Sweetpea pulled me away. I slid down the wall and sat against it burying my face in my hands and heard the three of them sit next to me.

"We'll get her back Jug. Us serpents have your back" Fangs assured.

"Yeah, you're our king and our best mate. Don't think we'll give up on you" Toni spoke rubbing my arm. I smiled in appreciation at the three of them, they were always there for me no matter what.

Betty's POV

He brought me to the music room and tied me up.

"Why aren't we just leaving straight away?" I asked.

"Oh come on Betty. You don't know? I'm luring your mum here and taking both of you. She's already on her way" he chuckled.

"No! Leave her alone!"

"I'm surprised she wasn't here for the performance"

"She's been too busy with the farm" I mumbled.

"Ah she's gone loopy now has she? Right."

"Look just don't hurt anyone out there, please. They're innocent"

"Pfff, no one here is innocent." My dad shrugged.

"Now sit still. This is for getting me sent to prison" he said before punching my round the face. I screamed in pain but couldn't hold my face as my hands were tied to the chair.

Jugheads POV

A loud scream echoed through the corridors startling everyone.

"Shit" my dad cursed.

"FP! JUGHEAD!" Toni shouted beckoning us over to the mini office attached to the hall.

"There's a phone in here. Fangs has called the police" she whispered as Fangs ended the call.

"They will be over in 10, they were already on patrol so they are close by" he spoke. I sighed in relief, Betty was still here as I could hear her cries of pain. The made my heart ache and I just wanted to find her and comfort her.

20 minutes later

The door was yanked open and the police ran in. Me and dad ran to an officer in hope of news.

"We arrested Hal Cooper, he's in the car now. The young girl is being spoken to by my partner officer in the music room" he spoke causing me, Veronica, Archie and Cheryl to run to the music room. We got there and bursted through the door, my eyes widened to see the horror of my girlfriend sat there bloody, bruised and shaking.

"Betts..." I whispered and ran over to her kneeling down infront next to the officer.

"Betts...it's me." I spoke reassuring her. She looked up and let out a sob trying to hug me. I stood up and picked her up before sitting down on the chair and sitting her sideways on my lap. She buried her face in my chest as I ran my fingers through her hair.

"Hi, I'm detective Santiago. Betty hasn't said anything about what her father was planning. We will need to take a statement from her at the station" she spoke and I nodded. She walked out of the room and Archie, Veronica and Cheryl rushed over. We all sat comforting her for a few minutes before she spoke up.

"Is he gone?"

"They arrested him Betty. They need you to make a statement" Veronica spoke softly.

"Jug, can you take me?" she sniffed.

"We can go later on baby. First let's get you back to mine." I spoke. She nodded and we stood up and went home with my dad as the premises were now okay to leave.

We ate the Pop's that we picked up on the way and cuddled on the couch as I explained how we managed to call the police.

"You scared me so much" I spoke kissing her hair.

"I didn't think I would see you again" I spoke trying not to think about the possibility.

"I'm not going anywhere" she spoke and kissed my jaw. Speaking of her jaw, it was fractured, she had a black eye and multiple cuts on her face.

"Now I have to cover my black eye with makeup" she groaned.

"You have a few days off, plus people will understand."

"Well I don't want people's pity" she sighed.

"That's unavoidable" I chuckled lightly.

"I don't want to think about it right now. Can we just cuddle?" she asked sweetly. I smiled and pulled her closer kissing her hair.

"Just another day in this crazy town" she sighed resting her head on my chest.

"You got through it again though"

"I don't think I can keep doing it"

"Yes you can. You are the strongest person I know. You took down the sugar man, you saved the town, discovered the black hood, saved your mum from drowning and personally I don't think you get enough credit" I said smugly making her giggle.

"Stop making me blush Jones"

"Not gonna happen" I replied.

A/N  detective Santiago was a reference to Brooklyn nine nine (Amy Santiago) because I'm obsessed 👍👍