Altar Pt2

Betty's POV

"Here you go Betty" Toni spoke passing me a glass of water. I smiled at her as she sat down with me, Veronica, Archie and Fangs.

"Thanks" I said before taking a sip.

"So how are you doing?" Fangs asked.

"As well as I can be. She's started kicking" I grinned to myself.

Toni's POV

I'm so glad Betty is recovering from Jugheads departure. He's been gone for 5 months now and although it still hurts her, she's getting better every day. The baby is the one thing keeping her going, she knows she needs to keep healthy for her child. Otherwise she would spiral and do god knows what. We were sat in the bar in a booth, just talking.

"Okay, seriously look at this picture" Veronica laughed. It was a picture of Archie who was clearly drunk. We laughed and she scrolled through, landing on the worst picture that she could. The selfie of her and Betty on the day of her wedding. The day she lost Jughead. Veronicas eyes widened and she scrolled past it straight away but Betty still saw.

"Betty" I spoke rubbing her shoulder lightly.

"No, no it's okay" she smiled weakly. Before we could push further a figure stumbled through the door, crowded by a bunch of serpents.

"Who's that?" Archie asked.

"Hold on" I spoke and walked over.

"Serpents, move" I instructed and walked through the gap.

"Jughead?" I practically whispered in shock.

"I...I need-" he started before he began to cough up blood uncontrollably.

"Oh my god. SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!" I screamed.

"Toni what's going on?" Betty asked walking over quickly.

"Betty-" I started but it was too late. Her eyes widened when she saw him.

"J...jug?"

"We need to get him to hospital!" Archie shouted. Sirens started to become louder and revertebrate around the bar. Archie was trying to hold Jughead up as he was to weak to even stand.

"I...I..." he started before falling to the floor.

"No" Betty whispered and knelt down next to him.

"Jug, come on. You're gonna be okay, you can't..." she sobbed clasping his hands.

"Betts... I'm sorry" he coughed.

"No, no don't say that. Don't act like this is goodbye. Please" she sobbed. I glared at Veronica as a signal to get Betty away, she nodded and helped Betty up and took her to the back of the bar. The paramedics picked him up and placed him on a stretcher before taking him away.

"We can take my truck" Archie suggested.

3 hours later

Veronicas POV

"Jughead Jones?" the doctor called. I had brought Betty to the hospital to join the rest of us so she could have a piece of mind. Her clothes were still blotted with his blood as she wanted to go straight to the hospital.

"Is he okay?" Toni asked as she stood up.

"We aren't clear about what's happened but he has three broken ribs, he had some internal bleeding but luckily it is not as severe as we first thought. If he was left any longer he wouldn't have made it" the doctor informed. I rubbed Betty's back as she sobbed at the news.