Grief

A/N so many people asked for this and I loved the scene with Betty at her dad's grave and I am truly hoping that they take the time to address it and show how it is affecting her. So hopefully she confides in Jughead during this along with her friends. They could really bring forward a powerful storyline on the continuation of Betty's struggles with her mental health. I also have to say how much I admire the first episode of the season. It was presented so well and really proved that both the character and the actor were at the heart of the show. Such a beautiful tribute, RIP Luke❤ 🙏

What is a dad suppose to be? Your guide in life, the person you go to for advice. The figure in your life giving you constant support and encouraging you all the way. What happens when you lose that? Or maybe you never even had it. You lose control, you feel lost and abandoned, the only thing you feel is an empty gap in your life where that figure should be. This...this is how Betty Cooper felt.

A big parade. Signs printed with "We miss you" and "rest in peace" surrounded the streets of Riverdale. All for the dad with one son, but really he was a dad to everyone. Perhaps he was the only proper father figure Betty ever had. Her own dad never had time for her, he resented her. As long as she kept up her reputation to benefit his social image, she was invisible. She had always turned to her best friend's dad. It became natural to tell him her worries, problems and anxieties. He listened, he would listen to her for hours if he had to and he genuinely cared. She needed that back bone in her life and now it was gone. Fred Andrews was gone.

Bettys POV

I couldn't help but miss my dad. Whilst everyone cheered Fred's name, they spat my own dad's. They hated him, resented him. I wasn't allowed to grieve, I couldn't grieve for my own dad because who grieves over a serial killer? Who the hell does that? I want to grieve the very few times that he did care. When I was his little girl, when he saw me as his daughter...not just someone to manipulate. 

I left the ceremony quickly and trailed to my dads grave. Cans and beer bottles littered the ground and across the grave spray painted was the message "The black hood burns in hell". No one cared, no one wanted to know if I was okay. They were to busy hating Hal Cooper that they didn't think about his daughter. No one cared.

Jughead's POV

"Dad, have you seen Betty?" I asked.

"Sorry son, last time I saw her was when she placed her rose down" he spoke, wiping his tears. I nodded and walked around, trying to ask people who weren't complete wrecks...which was difficult to do.

"I think I saw her walk off further into the graveyard" Toni informed as she hugged Cheryl. I nodded and made my way through, wondering where she would go. I walked on until I saw her knelt down in front of someone's grave. 

"Betts? Why did you walk off? I was-" I started to complain but froze when I saw her hunched over in tears. My eyes flickered to the grave and who it belonged to.

"Oh Betts..." I sighed, kneeling down next to her and placing my arms around her. I helped her into my lap sideways and held her close as she cried. "You should've come to me baby" I whispered, stroking her hair and resting my lips against her cheek, leaving my face their afterwards. 

"We can clean it up. I'm sure we can try and remove the spray paint. Get rid of the glass-" I tried but was stopped by her voice. 

"No. No, I don't want to. He deserves this...he does" she choked out. 

"Then what's wrong?" I asked worriedly. 

"I shouldn't be grieving him Jug. He's a bad person. I'm...I..Im a bad person" she sobbed.