Scavenger hunt

Betty's POV

There was a knock at the door and I checked the time.

6am

I walked downstairs and opened the door. "Kevin? Why are you here so early?" I asked yawning. "I've been instructed to give you this note" he spoke before literally walking away.

"Wait-" I tried but he was already gone. I closed the door and sighed before yawning.

"It's to earllyyy" I groaned.

"Betty? What are you doing up so early?" My mum asked coming downstairs fully dressed.

"I could ask you the same thing" I spoke.
"I have a meeting"

"Kevin turned up at the door to give me a note" I replied. I opened it and smiled once I read it.

"So...what is it?" She asked. I passed it to her to read.

Betty,

As a great detective you should be able to find the final destination to where I will be. It will be just like a  romantic gesture in those movies you love. But first I'd like you to take a tour around a few of our favourite places.

See you soon Rebel xx
Jughead

"Aww that's adorable. But it doesn't exactly tell you where to go first" my mum explained.

"On the contrary. There's two clues in that note. 1. It says 'romantic gesture in those movies' 2. It says 'rebel'" I spoke. She looked at me like I was mental.

"Seriously? You don't get it? It's clearly the bijou! Movies? Rebel, as in rebel without a cause. My favourite movie" I spoke.

"Ohhhh, see now I get it. Anyway have fun! I have to go" she said pecking my cheek before walking out of the door. I ran upstairs to get changed and put some makeup on.

I got to the bijou and walked around not really knowing what to do. I walked up to the food stand and a guy spoke.

"Are you Betty Cooper by any chance?" He asked.

"I am..." I spoke confused.

"From your fellow writer" he spoke passing me a note.

I opened it up and knew exactly where to go.

Dear Betty,

Make your way to the second destination. 4 in total golden beauty xx
Jughead

It was written in blue pen, the guy had said 'fellow writer', and it said 'golden'. It was clearly the blue and gold.

I made my way to school which was open for a parent governor meeting. I creeped through the hallways and made my way to my favourite place in the entire school. The note was stuck on my desk this time.

Betty,

My favourite place in this entire school, as I'm sure it is to you too. That reminds me, there's a movie trailer I need to show you later. I was thinking we could go and see it together.

It took me 5 minutes to figure this one out, I got seriously confused at the random suggestion. Until I read it again and realised he said 'trailer'.

I reached what Jug loves to call his 'tin can' and let myself in with the key in the secret place he showed me. I walked through the lonely trailer looking for a note. I walked into Jugheads bedroom and found a card on the bed, not a note this time.

Betty,

I'm never one for this type of thing but you've made me the happiest I've been in ages that I have to show my appreciation. You never gave up on me and always supported me, and even my family through everything, even if we have the worst reputation. You gave me the freedom to be myself and I know you finally felt a sense of free will. Make your way to the last destination. There's no clue for this one, just think of your favourite place,

Jughead xx

I smiled and thought. My first favourite place was in Jugheads arms but if I had to think about an actual place then I knew exactly where to go. I took Jugheads motorbike as it was 10 minutes away and he taught me how to use it.

Jugheads POV

I sat in 'our' woodlands and looked around at the set up. I checked the time and it was 7:30pm so I was praying she would show up soon.

3rd person

Betty made her way through the woodlands until she saw a peak of light. She walked closer and saw a lit campfire and little lights wrapped around the trees. There was a blanket layed out and she walked into the scene. It was like she was in a movie.

"Jug?" she asked. She felt arms around her waist and breath against her skin. She immediately melted into it and leant against him.

"Juggie, this is perfect" she smiled as she turned around in his arms. He pulled her close and smiled, staring into her eyes as he brushed her hair back.

"I'm glad you liked it" he spoke softly.

"It's the sweetest thing someone's ever done for me. What's the occasion?" She asked curiously.

"Well...there's a dance coming up. So I was wondering..." He spoke before lifting her off of the ground, making her squeal with laughter.

"...if you'd let me take you" he spoke, looking up at her. Her legs were now wrapped around his waist with her hands steadying herself on his shoulders. He placed her back down on the ground but kept her close.

"I wouldn't have it any other way" she spoke pursing her lips. He smiled and pulled her into a passionate kiss.

Later that night the two teenagers were lying on the blanket, warming up by the campfire, staring up at the stars.

"It's beautiful" Betty breathed out. She turned her head and realised that her boyfriend wasn't staring at the stars, but instead had his eyes layed on her.

"Jug, you're missing the view" she giggled. "I think I'm happy with the view I've got right here" he spoke. She giggled and snuggled into his chest. "I love you" he whispered wrapping his arms around her.
"I love you too" she whispered looking up at him before pecking his lips.

A/N requested suggested by jocelynmaletta who I'd like to thank for the continuous support she has for these oneshots and the amount of ideas she comes up with. Thank you everyone!! We've reached over 100 likes! It genuinely means a lot to me that I am entertaining even just a few people with these chapters!! Love you all!❤️❤️