Cry

A/N get the tissues!

Betty's POV

"Mummy why are you crying?" Katie asked me walking from her building blocks over to the couch I was sat on.

"Don't worry sweetie, go and play" I said wiping my tears.

"Can you play as well?" She asked. I nodded and sat with her.

"Daddy taught me how to build a castle" she said happily making me burst into tears holding my hands over my face.

"Mummy? I'm sowwy, what did I say?" my beautiful 5 year old asked.

"Honey I need to tell you something" I spoke wiping away my tears. How do you tell your 5 year old daughter that her hero is in hospital?

She nodded and sat on my lap. "You know daddy loves his motorbike?"

"Yeppp, he promised he would let me have a go when I'm older" she said popping the 'p'.

"Well, daddy went for a drive on it. Some naughty man didn't follow the rules and hit daddy's bike."

"They did? Is he okay?" She asked innocently.

"He's okay but he's in hospital"

"What?" She asked now quivering.

"The doctors are going to make him all better though."

"So daddy's ill?"

"Sort of. But it's a lot more serious."

"Can I see him?" She asked sadly.

"Yes but he might not respond. You see, he's in a deep sleep."

"Can I wake him up?" She asked hopefully. How do you tell your daughter that the love of your life is in a coma?

"No sweetie, he has to wake up himself. Let's get dressed and then we will go and see him. FP will be there"

"Grandad!" she said cheering up a bit. How do you tell your daughter that her own dad might not open his eyes again?

*At the hospital*

I walked into Jugheads room with Katie sat in my arms.

"Hey FP" I said softly. He looked up and smiled at me slightly but I knew it was fake.

"Grandad!" Katie said rushing over to him as I put her down. I looked over to my love attached to all these wires and machines and my heart broke. I walked over to him and kissed his forehead.

"Please come back to me" I whispered. The truth is he had been here for two weeks. Archie has been forcing me to go home and eat and get some sleep, not that I've slept a wink. I didn't want to leave him but FP promised he'd stay and update me if anything happened and I knew I had to pick Katie up from school every day, get her food and put her to bed. I've been visiting him whilst she's at school and just told her that her dad was on a trip.

"Come on, let's give your mummy some time alone" FP said standing up with Katie in his arms.

"But I wanna speak to daddy" Katie wined. FP looked at me and I nodded.

"Betty, this might be too much for her" FP warned.

"She'll be fine" I spoke. I took Katie from his arms and placed her carefully next to Jughead. She babbled on to him about random stuff even though she got no reaction.

"See she's fine"

"Yes because she doesn't understand. She told me he was sleeping. Is that what you said? He asked.