Penguins

A/N  requested by sprousediits hope you like it! And yes I know the title is weird but you'll understand why it's called that soon😂😂

Friday nights were always filled with countless films for the Cooper family. They would make hot chocolate and sit around the sofa. Polly and Betty would pick out a bunch of classic movies whilst their parents Hal and Alice would get the pillows and blankets. It was the one night where they could spend time together, as a family. Take off their perfect 'masks' and just be themselves, almost like a break from the outside world.

"Pol, there's popcorn in the cupboards. Can you pour some into a bowl?" Hal asked his daughter. She nodded sweetly and walked off to the kitchen.

"Okay, so we've got 6 movies so far. Betty sweetheart, there's a box of dvds in the cupboard under the stairs. Maybe have a look through them?" Alice suggested causing Betty to rush off. Once the family had finally got everything ready they sat down together under blankets, drinking hot chocolate and pressing play on the movie.

"Girls, don't make a mess" Alice sighed but chuckled as they threw popcorn into eachothers mouths. Betty's phone started to ring so she took it out of her back pocket.

"It's Toni, it could be important" she sighed. Alice paused the film and Betty walked into the kitchen before accepting the call.

"Hey T, I've gotta be quick. It's movie night" I explained.

"Betty I need you to come to the bar" Toni replied anxiously.

"Why?"

"It's Jughead. He's drunk"

Betty swallowed nervously. Drunk. She never wanted to think about him again but it all came rushing back. Bruises. Burns. Cuts. Marks. Wounded by someone she thought she could trust. 3 years of constant abuse from the man she thought she loved. It was not love, it was pain.

"Betty? You still there?" Toni asked.

What if Jughead was the same? She'd never seen him drunk, he knew about her fear of it so surely...surely he wouldn't. When he wasn't drunk he was great and then when he was it was like a monster was unleased. Maybe Jughead would be the same...

"Betty!" Toni shouted impatiently into the phone. Betty immediately snapped out of her thoughts and cleared her throat.

"Can't someone else do it?" she asked desperately as she wiped tears from her eyes.

"No, I've already missed enough shifts. I can't chauffeur your drunk boyfriend around. Come and get him" Toni demanded sternly and hung up. Betty sighed and wiped her tears before walking back to her family.

"Everything okay?" her dad asked.

"I'm going to the bar. I'll be back soon" she explained whilst putting her flats on and grabbing her bag.

"Wait why? It's family night" Polly protested.

"Sorry Pols, Toni needs me to do something. Have fun with movie night though" she excused and left before she could be questioned further.

She got in Polly's car and started the engine before making her way to the Whyte Wrym.

Betty's POV

"Betty finally!" Toni cheered as I walked through the door.

"Hey T, where is he?" I asked her nervously.

"I think he went out back" she suggested. I nodded and made my way through the crowds of serpents to find my drunk boyfriend. Sure enough he was leant against his dad's truck drinking from a beer bottle.