I'll be waiting

A/N requested by floralemi I wasn't going to do this depression one as I was struggling for a storyline but came up with this. Hope you like it💗

Trigger warning:Depression/ mental health⚠️⚠️⚠️

Heartbreak. It feels like someone has ripped your heart out and stamped on it over and over and over again. An emptiness in your body, like something that was once there has gone. No longer bright and beaming, just dull and empty. Dragging her feet through the halls of hell, keeping her head down as to not see the culprits of whispers and gasps. Hair in a messy bun, nails chipped from biting, sleeves pulled over hands to hide scars, bags weighing down her face. This was no life to be lived, it was a life of a girl who was broken. Broken to the point where she could no longer fight. No longer call out for help, no longer accept it.

Archies POV

"B is ill yet again" Veronica sighed dumping herself on the couch.

"Okay no. She's been off for weeks!" Cheryl complained

"Well duh. The guy who she thought she would be with forever did break up with her" Kevin sighed.

"I'm going round there" Veronica explained.

"Like some sort of intervention?" I asked.

"Exactly. Jugheads at Southside high now, he can't help. So it's up to us" she spoke.

"Okay but we aren't ambushing. Me, Archie, Veronica and Kevin is enough" Cheryl pointed out to the group.

"I've gotta get to class. You coming Ronnie?" Reggie asked. She nodded and kissed me goodbye before rushing off.

"Yeah me too" Josie excused and left with Kevin and Cheryl. I would usually walk with Betty to chem but today I would go alone. I sighed and stood up heading towards hell.

Betty's POV

I couldn't do it, all of the whispers and gasps. I turned around and walked out of school, messaging Veronica that I was still ill.

"Honey, what are you doing back?" my mum asked as I came through the door.

"I couldn't do it mum. I...I couldn't..." I sobbed.

"Oh darling" she sighed and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Come on, I'll make you some hot chocolate and we can stay home together okay?" she asked. I nodded and went upstairs to get changed. I got back into my pyjamas and traced my fingers over the red lines trailing up my arms. Chucking a hoodie on to cover them, I ran back downstairs and joined my mum.

After school

There was a knock at the door so my mum went to open it.

"Hi Mrs Cooper" I voice spoke before 4 people filed in. Veronica, Cheryl, Archie and Kevin.

"Oh hey guys. What are you doing here?" I asked nervously. My mum excused herself and went off upstairs.

"We just came to check up on you" Veronica said sitting next to me.

"I'm fine, just a bit sick" I lied.

"Okay can we cut the crap? We know what's going on!" Cheryl interrupted.

"Cheryl! I said to be subtle!" Veronica complained.

"What's going on?" I asked confused.

"Betty, we know you're staying at home because you're upset about Jughead" Archie confirmed.