Fever

"Mhh morning" I sighed, leaning up to see my boyfriend.

"Morning Betts, you feeling okay? You're burning up" he noted. 

"Really? I'm a little cold" I shrugged.

"You might have a fever baby" he sighed, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"I've gotta go to school. I can't afford a day off" I whined.

"Betty you're ahead of all of us. You're so prepared you could take a week off. I promise you one day won't hurt you" he assured. I nodded and pulled the duvet up to my neck, closing my eyes. I felt him leave for a few minutes and come back.

"I've gotta get to school but call me if you need anything okay?" he spoke, placing a glass of water next to me.

"Okay, love you" I mumbled.

"Love you too gorgeous" he replied, pressing a kiss to my cheek before leaving swiftly.

Jugheads POV

"Hey Jug, where's Betty?" Archie asked when I sat with the group in the student lounge. 

"She's got a fever so I told her to stay home" I explained. He nodded and everyone went back to conversation before class. 

"How you feeling?" I asked Betty over the phone. 

"Um I've been sat throwing up in the toilet for an hour and food won't stay down. I'm shivering but boiling at the same time" she complained. 

"Baby, do you need me to come home?" I asked, worrying about her even more now. 

"Jug I'm fine on my own. I've had worse" she promised. 

"Okay, I've got a few hours left and then I'll be home okay?" I spoke. 

"Yeah, please make sure you grab the work I've missed" she requested. 

"You work too hard" I sighed but agreed. We hung up soon after and I continued on the school day.I finished school after a few more hours and picked up some supplies on the way home before getting back to Betty. She was laying in bed watching something on her phone. 

"Hey gorgeous, how you feeling?" I asked, sitting down on the side of the bed and running a hand through her hair. 

"Horrible" she whined, putting her phone down and closing her eyes. I got you some medicine on the way home, you want some?

"Yes please" she nodded weakly. I got her a glass of water and the medicine, letting her take it soon after. 

"Get some more sleep" I soothed as she cuddled into my side. I stood up after she had fallen asleep and walked into the living room where my dad had just walked in. 

"Hey Jug, good day?" he asked. 

"Yeah, pretty average" I nodded. 

"Betty's ill so I got her to stay home" I noted. 

"You convinced her to take a day off?" he asked, surprised.

"I think she realised she needed it. She's got a fever, she can't keep any food down and I've given her some medicine" I explained. 

"Fangs needed to see you and Toni about some ghoulie business. I've already been informed about it so I'll stay here whilst you go to the bar" he suggested. 

"Okay, thanks dad" I agreed and grabbed my serpent jacket, rushing out.

Bettys POV

I woke up to a sore throat so I decided to get something for it and stood up walking to the kitchen. 

"Hey darling, how you feeling?" FP asked, sat there with coffee.

"Like shit...where is Jug?" I asked. 

"He's gone to the bar to talk with Fangs" he answered.

"Have you got anything for sore throats?" I asked. 

"I'll have a look. Go back to Jug's room" he spoke. I nodded and returned to Jugheads bed immediately. 

1 hour later 

I was curled up in bed when I felt the door open and saw Jughead walk in. I smiled slightly and sat up. 

"Hey baby, sorry I had to leave" he greeted, sitting on the bed. 

"It's okay. Anything serious?" I asked.

"No just some new information on the ghoulies" he answered. I nodded and rested my head on his lap. He ran his fingers through my hair, relaxing me.

"Thank you for looking after me" I spoke softly. 

"I'll always look after you" he replied, pressing a kiss to my forehead.