Alone

She wanted to call him, ask him to come over. She wanted him to wipe her tears and peck her lips. But that wasn't fair, she couldn't lead him on like that and use him after she'd broke his heart. She wanted nothing more than to be in his strong arms and breathe in his familiar scent. But life's tough, deal with it. She couldn't have him and that's just the way it was.

Betty leapt up in bed panting and sweating before the waterworks turned on and her pale face became damp. At this point Jugheads comforting arms would usually wrap around her, he would kiss her head and soothe her panic. But he didn't, the space next to her was empty and he was nowhere to be seen. It was her fault, she pushed him away, she was horrible to him, she broke him and she had to accept that. On the contrary the girl still opened up her phone and pressed his contact. She typed a message.

Betty❤️: Hey jug, can you come over?xx

She deleted the kisses and changed the message.

Betty❤️: Hey Jughead, could you drop my by house? I know it's late but I need to see you

Feeling conflicted she stared at the message for a few minutes before deleting it and not sending anything. This only increased her pain as she deleted each letter she felt as if she was being pulled apart limb by limb. Her sobs got louder and her mum walked in, obviously hearing.

"Elizabeth? It's 3am" Alice asked angrily until she saw her daughter's face.

"Oh Betty" she sighed sadly and hugged her daughter.

"I can't mum" she sobbed into her shoulder.

"Can't what?"

"I can't do it. I can't walk through those halls and see him without wanting to cry" she spoke.

"I always end up sobbing in the girls bathroom and now I'm having nightmares again"

"Oh darling. Your nightmares are back? I thought they stopped?" Alice cooed.

"They did when I had Jughead. But now he's gone, they are back. It hurts mum. It hurts so much" she sobbed. Alice's heart was breaking at the sight and sound of her daughter cries. She was in real, brutal pain and Alice couldn't do anything about it.

Betty knew she'd lost the boy she loved for good. She had a hard time coming to terms with it but she knew it was true. She would never get to hug him, kiss him, run her hands through his hair or feel loved by him again. She'd lost that privilege forever.

A/N I'm sorry😭😭 this is too sad but I loved writing it!! Please leave some suggestions ❤️