Proper kiss

Jughead's POV

I stormed through the front door and slammed it before walking into the lounge and slumping on the couch. Today was not a good day.

"Jug? You're home early" Betty spoke as she walked in.

"Way to point out the obvious" I sighed.

"What's wrong?" she asked, clearly sensing my mood.

"Nothing"

"Jug. Talk to me, please" she pleaded as she walked closer.

"Daddy!" Juliet squealed as she ran through the door. A smile appeared on my face as I picked her up and placed her on my lap. This girl could make me smile on the worst days.

"Hey Jules, how's my favourite daughter?" I asked making her giggle.

"I'm your only daughter" she laughed.

"That you are" I replied.

"Sweetie, me and daddy need to talk. Can you go and play for a while?" Betty interrupted. Juliet nodded and hugged me before running out.

"Betty it's really not a big deal. It's just not been the best day, that's all"

"I don't believe that for a second. Tell me what's wrong" she demanded and sat next to me.

"Fine, if it will get you off my back. I fired my editor"

"What?" she questioned.

"I fired him! He was lousy and unorganised and unhelpful. Now my book won't be finished in time for the deadline and my publishers will drop it. I've been working at the office until midnight, coming home and having arguments with you. I don't see my little girl anymore. I can't support us with my low income" I explained.

"It doesn't matter about the money!" she protested.

"It kinda does Betty! We've had to live in this dump for ages, I can only afford the essentials, you're job is one of the only things giving us money" I complained.

"We'll figure it out, I'm sure of it"

"How? How do you suppose we do that? Betty we have bills to pay, a child to feed, medical bills for our dog, not to mention how much money we were losing to my crappy editor. You can't fix it! So for once in your life stop trying to!"

"What's that suppose to mean?" she scoffed.

"It doesn't matter" I sighed, rubbing my face in my hands.

"I'm not going to listen to this. Do whatever you want! I'm going to check on our daughter" she shouted and walked off upstairs.

Betty's POV
I walked into Juliet's room and saw her sat on the floor, tears streaming down her face.

"Sweetie! What's wrong?" I asked as I rushed over and picked her up.

"You and daddy are fighting" she whimpered. My heart broke at the sound of her cries as I patted her back and kissed her hair repeatedly.

"It's just a little squabble" I convinced but then the door slammed and I heard Jughead's car drive away.

"Was that daddy?" she asked.

"Yeah, he's gone to clear his head. Come on, let's have some food" I guessed.

We sat at the dinner table and Juliet began to eat.

"Mummy?"

"Yes sweetie"

"Do you still love daddy?" she asked. I looked into her sad eyes and could see how worried she actually was.