Prologue

I followed him outside, stopping when he did. The taller male looked back at me with golden eyes, watching as I shifted uncomfortably in front of him.

"You wanted to say something to me, did you not?" I huffed, turning my face away as my cheeks burnt red.

"Kai, I need to tell you something important." He raised an eyebrow, adjusting the black cloth mask he used to cover his nose and mouth.

"Yes, what is it, (Y/n)? We don't have all day." With a deep breath, I glared up at him as I gathered some confidence.

"I love you!" I yelled. He chuckled, taking a step forward. His hand reached out, grabbing a hold of my chin as he bent down to my level. I stared into his eyes as his face hovered in front of mine.

"You think I didn't already know that?" he asked. Averting my gaze, I tried to force my blush away. Letting out some amused laughter, his thumb brushed my rosy cheek.

"Love is a disease, (Y/n)." I thought that he was scolding me but he kept speaking.

"And I too, am sick." Pulling his mask down, his lips connected with my temple. My cheeks grew even redder, hearing what he had just said.

"Does that mean you love me too?" I asked, wanting confirmation. He nodded, pulling his mask back into place.

"It does, but you're still young so you'll have to grow up a little before we can be together." I huffed and folded my arms as I looked away. He smiled gently at me, pulling me into an embrace. Resting my head on his chest, I could feel the rapid beating of his heart.

"But that doesn't mean that you're not mine, okay?" I nodded. I loved him and he felt the same, it was all that I wanted. But I didn't realize how sick that this love was making us.