The Mess of a Birthday Party

1st POV
~~~~~
We locked Minjoo in a conference room. It was her birthday afterall and we wanted to surprise her. We hung the shiny decorations and drew on the whiteboard. The balloons flew into the ceiling and the staff presented birthday props.
     Eunbi, along with Yuri and Yena went to the supermarket for the cake. Everyone else continued setting up the party. I organized all the boxes and supplies when I realized that I forgot my present for Minjoo at home. I sighed and rolled my eyes. How could I be so stupid? I thought. Luckily my house was fairly close to the company.
     "I forgot my present for Minjoo." I claimed while pivoting on my left foot.
     "One, Careful with that box cutter. Two, you got a present for Minjoo? Like an actual present present?" Hyewon questioned.
     "Yes I'm going to run and get it." I said placing the box cutter on the table and opening the door.
     "Your house is 2 kilometers away." Chaeyeon mentioned.
     "Short cut!"
     I ran out the back exit and over to the small opening of the row of bushes. From there, I entered the subway station exit 3 and made my way to exit 7, which was on the other side of the station. After exiting, I turned right and ran a couple blocks then turned left.
     One of the halmeoni's tree had a branch that hung into my yard so I climbed the trunk and balanced on the branch until it got to the stone wall. I stepped off the branch and onto the wall. I slowly slid and kicked off the wall landing in my backyard.
     My sister had some friends over and we're chatting at the table. She caught my eye and shook her head. "That's a new record, 3 minutes." She confirmed with her watch. "Minho! Minhyun! You owe me ₩10,000 each!" She yelled. I opened my mouth but she answered it reading my mind. "Chaeyeon texted you would be coming to get your present."
     "How do you have Izone Chaeyeon's number Minji?" Her friend asked.
     "Minjung."
     "Package delivery!" Minhyun, the second maknae yelled from his window. He threw a white box tied in red ribbon out the window. I caught it and ran to the company.
     When I got to the row of bushes, I got a notification from VLive. As I walked into the decorated room, Chaeyeon nearly fell off the swivel chair. "You weren't even gone for 10 minutes!"
     "7 minutes and 32 seconds to be exact." Nako blurted stopping her stopwatch on her phone. "Yujin! Wonyoung! You owe me ₩10,000 each."
     "I can't believe you guys bet on me. Does anyone have water?" Minjung scoffed.
     "Here Jungie." Hitomi offered. "Minjoo started Vlive a few minutes ago. Should the 01 line get her?"
     "Yeah lets go!" Nako, Yuri, and I agreed.
Nako slammed the door open. "Happy Birthday!" The four of us yelled.
"Follow us!" Hitomi chimed. We led Minjoo to the other room and opened the door. They screamed and I thought we opened the gates to hell. Hitomi quickly closed the door and waited.
"Is that a leaf in your hair?" Minjoo asked behind me.
"No it's a hair clip." I responded.
Minjoo reached for the leaf in my hair. "There isn't even a tree in here." She lightly pushed me.
Sakura opened the door and the other seven girls screamed. The lights were off and the candles were lit, party hats on.
"Let's sing Happy Birthday! 1,2,3!" Wonyoung yelled.
We didn't even finish the song it was that chaotic. Yena sounded the horn repeatedly. In the next five seconds, Yujin and Yena found the helium bottle. Sakura also breathed in the helium.
"Doesn't it say don't inhale?" I asked. The girls then, with their helium voices, laughed, obnoxiously. The girls didn't listen and continued sucking the helium.
In the mist of this, Chaeyeon came out of her hiding spot and held the balloons. They continued to scream and someone found the discarded horn and continuously sounded it. Minjoo grabbed the balloons wearing a birthday cake hat and ran back and forth in front of the whiteboard.
Everyone gathered around Minjoo and Sakura placed a scarf like decoration on Minjoo. Chaeyeon tried the helium bottle and did her infamous laugh.
"We have our birthday tradition." Yujin explained as Hyewon hit the balloons in Minjoo's hand.
"Why don't we do it with helium?" Yena exclaimed.
Yujin tried to inhale it but there was no mores she sighed and proceeded to sit on Minjoo's lap. Minjoo blushed.
"Today isn't your birthday but we celebrate it in advanced. You have the role of calming us down. Thanks for always leading us in the right path. I know I gave you a hard time as a roommate, but you took care of me well." Yujin said while culling Minjoo's face. She then hugs her and continued, "You're so thoughtful in that you ask me if I want to wash up first, I'm so grateful. I hope we can be good friends. I love you."
Yujin got off of Minjoo and was replaced my Yuri. "Why is everyone sitting on me?" Minjoo complained.
"You always stay by my side when I struggle. So I'm thankful to you. Izone can't exist without you. Yuri chimed and hugged Minjoo.
Nako was next. "Happy Birthday. I always think you are nice. Thank you." She hugged Minjoo.
Sakura was next. She offered her hand to Minjoo and Minjoo grabbed it. "You have a pretty face and you have a beautiful heart." Sakura admitted. "I want to date you, Minjoo." Everyone screamed. This was too mushy.
"It's risky don't do it." Chaeyeon called. Someone is jealous.
Wonyoung then squatted down and told her message, "White looks great on you. You're so beautiful. You are so clear and you always work hard. And you're so thoughtful. I really appreciate that."
Chaewon strolled up to Minjoo. She sat on Minjoo. "You don't have to sit on me like this." Minjoo whined,
"Thank you for always going along with my pranks. Actually you don't. She picks on me more than I do behind camera. Though I can't express with words, you know I really like you right?" She announced as she stoked Minjoo's face and hugged her.
Hitomi went next. She held the birthday girl's hand. "Hi Minjoo. You're a really hard worker. I think it's really cool and I respect you." Everybody threw oohs and aahs. "Minjoo is the best."
Yena then moved from her squat to sitting on Minjoo's lap. "Although I don't express with words, I really like you. Happy birthday." She said as she slung her arms around Minjoo.
Eunbi kneeled on the floor. "Thank you for being born. I think you and I click. Thank you so much for helping me out. Thank you so much for your hard work. Let's stick with each other for the rest of our lives." Eunbi then whispers something to Minjoo that causes everyone to scream.
Hyewon simply states "I like you more than you think. You look pretty all the time. Happy Birthday I love you.
Next, Chaeyeon walked to the center with a silver scarf like decoration on her head. "Eunbi forgot I already went and told me to do it again." Wonyoung complained. Chaeyeon just sits there quietly.
"I was hiding when you came in but you didn't notice me. I was looking at you the whole time. You have a beautiful face and a beautiful mind. And you always work hard. I am proud of you. I want to take care of you better. I hope you show your confidence a lot." Chaeyeon confessed as Hyewon hit Yena with balloons.
"Last but not least, Minjoo! Say something to yourself." Chaewon chimed.
"No Minjung has to say something." Minjoo retorted.
I grabbed the white box and walked over to Minjoo. I kneeled in front of her and gave her the present. "Do you want to cry now or later?" I asked pulling out a letter from my pocket.
"This wouldn't be the first time you made me cry." Minjoo joked.
I faked a gasp. "You're making me seem like a bad person." I opened the letter and read.

Dear Minjoo,
Do you remember the day we met? You opened the door in black shorts and a button up with frog prints on it. That day when you opened the door, you also opened the door to our friendship. That was four years ago. It's seems like such a short time ago but it feels like I've known you since childhood. From you, I learned to put others before myself. And I'm thankful for that. I remember we would take the subway to school together and separate. But when we met up after school, we never stopped talking. Thank you for keeping me company all this time. I'm happy we could achieve our dreams together. I love you and I will always love you. Happy Birthday. I'm overjoyed to call you my best friend.
P.S. My amortentia(Harry Potter Potion that allows you to smell what you love the most) smells like your Holika Holika lipstick and vanilla.
From fellow Hufflepuff Park Minjung.

Everyone was on the brink of tears. Minjoo pouted her lips and pulled me in for a giant hug. We stayed like that for several seconds. Completely forgetting about the rest of Izone.
Minjoo then opened her present and let out her tears. It was a photo album. On the cover it wrote. Our Memories. Inside, the photos consisted from our very first picture together in the subway to us hugging when we became a debut member for Izone. By the last photo, Minjoo was bawling her eyes in Minjung's arm.