Chuseok

"Mikaela!!!"

     Minjung groaned as she heard footsteps running up the stairs. Then, rapid knocking could be heard. The girl sighed as she threw off her blanket before rushing to the door to open it. "I took this leave of absence so I could get away from stress. Not get more."

     "Sorry. But it's Chuseok! Although mom and dad are on vacation, and Mel and Matt are in the states, we could celebrate it together." Her brother cheered.

     "Alright. What do you have planned for today big brother of mine?" Minjung asked.

     "Some place relaxing."

     "For real?"

     "Yeah get changed and back your things because we're going to..."

     "The library." Minjung jokingly said holding her index finger up.

     "No the beach."

     "Yeah I know that's your go to. But I left my sunglasses at the dorm."

     After gathering all of their belongings for the beach. They drove back to the dorm. During the car ride the two siblings argued about who of the four siblings would get married first. Their quarrel became chaotic after the other two siblings joined the conversation.

    "Matthew's gonna get married first." Minjung claimed. "He has a girlfriend."

     "So What? He's a wimp. You know how long it took Minho to even ask her out?" Her older sister, Melissa told.

     "I am not a wimp. I'm just busy." Matthew refuted. "Lets be honest, if any of us were to get married, Minjung would probably have the best relationship. Where are you guys headed for Chuseok?"

"The beach." Minjung answered.

"When the holidays come, everyone is at home. The perfect time to go to the beach." Minhyun smiled.

"Okay so we'll let you go. Have fun my kid siblings." Minji waved. Moments later, Matthew also ended the call.

The two maknaes of the family pulled up to the dorm building. Minjung and her brother climbed the stairs before walking to Minjung's dorm. Minjung sighed at the empty dorm as her brother followed her.

She knew they had gone to Japan earlier that day. Minjung ran her hand threw her auburn red hair as she looked at the kitchen. Her brother, Minhyun walked out of her shared room holding her glasses.

He placed them on the dinner table after noticing the look on his sister's face. "You want to make SongPyun and dinner for them don't you?" He asked. Minjung nodded while her brother went to the fridge to see what they have.

For a split second, their eyes met and both Parks started to prepare a meal. They started with the Bibimbap. The two siblings gathered the ingredients from the two refrigerators of both dorms.

Minhyun started with the meat. He minced the meat. Minjung helped her brother by mixing the meat sauce. She poured twelve teaspoons of soy sauce, with twelve teaspoons of sesame oil. Along with that, she add twelve teaspoons of brown sugar after mincing three cloves of garlic. After words the siblings mixed the minced beef with the meat sauce.

They marinated the meat for about thirty minutes as the worked on the other ingredients.

Minjung then rinsed the carrots under the faucet. She then peeled them and julienned them. "When did you learn how to julienne?" Her brother asked.

"Mom." Minjung responded continuing to cut the carrots into thin strips. "I learned everything I know about cooking from mom."

"Look at you all grown up." Marcus smiled as he cleaned shiitake mushrooms before slicing them into thin slices. "I remember when you couldn't hold a knife properly."