What to Do

"So she finally fell asleep." Chaewon spoke as she walked down the stairs.

     "I wish she would've told us what happened." Minjoo sighed.

     "Uh. When I called Hyewon earlier, Eunbi picked up and said she had been home since last night. Hyewon has been in tears." Chaewon admitted.

      "Well that makes Minjung saying 'I hurt her' repeatedly understandable. What do you think happened?" Minjoo asked.

      "Hyewon is in tears. Minjung saying she hurt her. There's a black stain and Minjung's foundation on the white rug which means she cried too." Chaewon figured.

     "So they got in an argument and Minjung hurt Hyewon. Hyewon left and Minjung cried because she hurt her." Minjoo explained.

     "At least she realizes she hurt Hyewon. If crying for hurting someone isn't love then I don't know what is. She probably feels really guilty right now." Chaewon told.

     "So what do we do?" Minjoo asked.

      "I don't know. I think the best move right now is to let Jung rest and check in on her. If Hyewon's hurt, she would need time in order to see Jung again." Chaewon reasoned.

     "They we're doing so well though." Minjoo sulked leaning back in her chair.

     Chaewon dialed Eunbi's number and told her that they'll stay at the house for the day and meet them at the 2019 Kookmin Bank Liiv Concert.

     The two enjoyed a quiet day hanging out with each other along with dragging Minjung out of her bed and making her eat lunch so she wouldn't starve to death. They did their best to comfort the youngest.

     About halfway through dinner, Chaewon decided to check in on the youngest. She barely touched her dinner. "Jung? You okay?"

      Minjung glared at Chaewon before looking back at her plate of food. Chaewon presses her lips into a line and looked to Minjoo for help. The younger Kim held up three fingers. She then put down her ring finger, then her middle finger. When she folded her index finger she pointed at the youngest.

     "Of course I'm not okay! I just found out that whatever I was showing to Hyewon wasn't actually love but attraction. Which is different. I was in love with the idea of her not in love with her. And now that that's in the light, she was probably right when she said that I only dated her because I knew she was in love with me. She asked me out two weeks after I found out she liked me. She heard everything you told me on the rooftop when you told me. Looking back, I don't know if I liked the moments we had or I loved her. What's worse is that it probably hurt her so much and I didn't realize it until it was too late. I'm so stupid. I not worth her love. God and I just, I just want to build that connection with her. And the moment I tell her everything first, is when I lose a best friend."

     "You're saying you're scared to tell her everything because you think you're going to lose me?" Minjoo asked.

      "That's dumb isn't it?" Chaewon asked.

      "The thing is, I've never had a person to go to. I grew up in a household where my siblings were significantly older than me. I had teachers they had. So I had expectations to fill. I did well in school because they did. And the teachers liked me. Showed favoritism. Because of it I was bullied, no one wanted to be my friend. Until I moved to Korea. You were the first person that accepted me without the expectations of my siblings. You were the first person in my corner. I was so scared to lose you that I drove away the person who loved me. If it's alright with you, I want Hyewon to be my best friend to know everything about me and my past. I want to experience the future with her. Not just as her being in the background. I imagine her on the foreground with me. Me being her number one supporter. Doing stupid dances together and playing games, traveling the world and eating good food with her around. I want to know everything about her. Not in an obsessive way but in the way where she tells me her past."

     "If that's not love. I don't know what is Jung." Chaewon believed.

      "Something tells me that you didn't tell her that last night." Minjoo smiled.

     "So you love her right Jung?" Chaewon asked.

     "Are you dating a gorgeous meme?" Minjung responded.

      Chaewon smirked. "She's back."

     "Awwww. Hey!"'Minjoo glared.

     "So what are you going to do now?"

    "Wait for her to tell me. She doesn't even want to talk to me. I'm gonna go to bed now." Minjung smiled.

As the youngest walked away, Chaewon looked to Minjoo, who sat across from her. "Hyewon's going to make the first move."

"Uh excuse me you don't know my best friend. Jung is going to make the first move." Minjoo claimed.

"Hyewon made the first move last time she'll do it again."

"But Hyewon's the one who is hurt."

"Wanna bet?"

"20,000 won and winner gets to be big spoon." Minjoo prompted.

"Deal."

Minjung, sat on her rooftop. Her knees curled to her chest. Beyond the trees the girl admired the city lights. The wind blew in her platinum hair whispering word of comfort into her ears. "What am I supposed to do? Part of me wants to go to her and hold her hand. The other part of me is in pain for not thinking my love was sincere."

~~~~~
"Come on Hyewon! Open the the door. You're sharing the room with 3 other people!" Yena yelled.

"Yena leave her alone." Eunbi scolded.

"She barges in in the middle of the night and doesn't even say hi. She's been stuck in that room since yesterday. She even skipped meals I mean why would she skip meals?" Yujin complained.

"Stupid she misses Minjung." Yena told.

"Aniya stupid the four of them went to Minjung's home. Only she came early. She and Minjung broke up." Sakura hypothesized.

Hyewon opened the door and poked her head out. She glared at the duck and cherry blossom. She groaned before slamming the door shut.

"Wait did you guys see her. Her eyes are swollen." Hitomi pointed.

"So they did break up. If Hyewon is crying then Minjung is the one who hurt her. Then why does Chaewon and Minjoo stay with her. She's obviously the bad guy." Yena detected.

"You idiot does Minjung seem like that type of person?" Chaeyeon scolded.

"JUST SHUT UP ABOUT MY RELATIONSHIP WITH HER. NONE OF YOU ARE MAKING IT ANY BETTER." Hyewon yelled before walking out of the dorm.

Hyewon hugged herself as she trudged along the sidewalk. The orange lights glowed on the black asphalt. After aimlessly walking, Hyewon peered over Dongjak Bridge.

The quiet girl gripped onto the metal railing at her chest level. She breathed out. "How could I not see it before? Was I so blind in love that I didn't see her insincerity? But what was that? 'Maybe... I started the relationship for the wrong reasons but I want to be in it for the right reasons.' Don't tell me she actually loves me. If that's the case then I walked out on our relationship. Park Minjung why are you so confusing. What do I do?"