Pain

Beep beep beep. Minjung slowly opened her eyes. "Was that a dream? Please let it be a dream." She propped her head up and found herself in a hospital bed. "Damn it. I hate my life."

"Minjung no." Nako yelled.

"Holy Shit Nako!" Minjung jumped holding her chest.

"Sorry. How are you feeling?" Nako asked. "Let me call th-"

"Don't." Minjung stopped her. "I- I need the quiet."

"I was going to say the doctor." Nako blinked.

"Oh......Wait. What day is it?" Minjung questioned with widened eyes.

"September 9th. 2019." Nako answered pulling Minjung's pillow to fluff it.

"Ow. A warning next time please. Wait wait I missed the Fukuoka Concert?" Minjung groaned moving her hand to the back of her head.

"Oh shit sorry. Unfortunately yes. But they sang your part really loud." Nako apologized. She grabbed the remote to move the bed upwards. The bed whirred as Minjung slowly sat up. It stopped as Nako smiled a big toothy grin.

"Good afternoon Minjung. How are we feeling? I'm pretty sure you want to know what happened. There is good news and some kinda bad news." The doctor informed. Nako and Minjung looked to each other before the doctor continued.

"Good news first."

"It wasn't a heart attack. Although you were out of breath and experienced chest pains, there was no sign of clotting. So in this case you suffered from Broken Heart Syndrome. It usually happens from a surge of stress hormones. The sorta bad news is that you have to rest for about two weeks before you can perform on stage again. As of now you're vitals are great. You're blood pressure is a little high which is normal after a stressful event so you have nothing to worry about.

I would like you to keep a journal for your thoughts and feelings. It can help you understand your emotions, help you gain control of them, and it could improve your mental health. Rest up for now, and I'll get your discharge papers." Doctor Kim smiled. She left with a smile on her face.

"So what happened? You were fine before you went to get the plush. I've beaten up this bear so many times for giving you a hea- Broken Heart Syndrome." Nako comforted earning a smile from the younger. "But I know it wasn't that. I noticed the way you glared at Eunbi Unnie."

"You... must've seen wrong."

"You're heart rate just spiked." Nako deadpanned.

Minjung looked to her left and took a deep breath. She winced and moved to clutch her chest but stopped herself. "Can you just cuddle with me?"

Nako climbed into the bed with Minjung and wrapped her limbs around the younger. Nako smiled as she remembered the last time the two had hugged. It was when Nako needed it. She was happy she could reciprocate it.

"I'm just.... so confused. It doesn't make any sense."

     "What doesn't make any sense?" Nako asked.

     "Nako, why are you hugging Minjung?" Chaeyeon asked with flowers in her hand. Ten other members walked into the room. Minjung turned her body to face the voice. "You're awake! Did you call the doctor?" They moved to hug Minjung.

     "Yes Nako already did." Minjung smiled.

      "She suffered from something called Broken Heart Syndrome." Nako told.

     "How does that happen? A broken heart?" Yena laughed. Eunbi looked to Hyewon for a brief second as Minjung laughed without noticing the eldest's glance.