Test of Bravery

Requested by Anonymous
Yujin and Wonyoung pranks Nako because she is scared of heights and Minjung protects her.
~~~~~
Yujin skipped into dorm one with feather feet. Oh no. Minjung thought. Trouble.

She and Nako has been cuddling and watching Dramas. After the snow trip, Minjung knew that the Starship girls' request would become crazier and crazier. The others needed rest too. They weren't hyperactive dogs like Yujin or Wonyoung.

"Nako Unnie can you come with us?" Yujin pleaded.

"To the park." Wonyoung smiled.

Minjung squinted her eyes. They were up to something. "Which park?" She asked.

"Seoul Forest." The two girls chimed.

"Who else is going?" Nako asked.

"Yena unni-"

"No! I don't trust the three of you together. Especially with my precious child Nako." Minjung growled pulling Nako into her chest.

     "I'm sure it won't be too bad. Jung jung." Nako called standing on her feet.

     Minjung decided she would follow the girls. And she's glad she did. All Minjung saw when she stepped out of the van was a platform. Her eyes went wide, her thoughts immediately jumped to Nako.

     Above the girl stood four girls looking down at the blue water.

     Minjung pulled out her phone and called Yena.

    "Hello?"

     "What are you doing up there with Nako! She's afraid of heights!" Minjung yelled running up the stairs.

     "But it's bungee jump. It's fun."

     "Fun my ass! You're making her do something she doesn't want to do!"

     "Nuh- Uh. She loves it. Right Nako?" Yena asked.

     "Ye!" Yujin called into the phone pretending to be Nako.

     "Ahn Yujin! Do you think I'm stupid? Where's Nako." Minjung growled. Now Minjung stood at the top with the girls. Nako was in the corner crying. "Nako. Are you..."

     "They wanted me to jump." Nako cried. Minjung squatted and pulled the older girl into her arms.

     "HAHAHAHAHHH. Nako Unnie is scared to jump!" Wonyoung laughed.

     "JANG WONYOUNG! SINCE WHEN WAS IT OKAY TO LAUGH AT SOMEONE'S FEAR?" Minjung yelled.

     "What are you going to do about it Unnie? We are here already and we paid for the jump. Someone has to jump." Yujin spoke.

     Minjung squinted her eyes and reached into her right butt pocket to grab her phone. She dialed Eunbi's number while still eyeing the three girls in front of her. The phone rang thrice before it was picked up.

     Yena, Yujin, and Wonyoung's eyes widened. They knew what Minjung was doing. However, they realized too late.

     "Hello? Minjung? Why did you call?" The voice on the phone asked. Minjung moves her phone to Nako.

     "Eunbi Unnie. They wanted me to jump." Nako cried.

     "Baby calm down, who wanted you to jump?" Eunbi asked full of concern.

     "Ye-" Nako started.

     "Okay it's okay Nako." Eunbi reassured before hanging up.

     Yena got a call immediately after. She frantically looked between the two youngest before throwing her phone over the ledge. Then Yujin got a call. Her breath hitched and her heart beat faster. However, unlike Yena, she picked up the phone.

"Yujin honey. WHY IS NAKO CRYING!" Yujin pulled her phone away from her head. Gosh we should've knocked Minjung Unnie out. She thought. "COME HOME RIGHT THIS INSTANCE!"

"Ne." Yujin answered dejectedly before hanging up. The color in her eye regained the bright smile as she climbed down the stairs. "Yena Unnie's in trouble. She wanted Nako to jump." She sang.

"We are so dead." Yena muttered.

"No you are dead Unnie." Wonyoung teased.

Soon it was Minjung and Nako at the top. Nako was still too afraid to move. The older but shorter girl began to run short of breath. Minjung pulled her closer to her chest.

"Nako can you hear my voice?" Minjung inquired. The younger felt a nod from her chest. "It's okay Nako, I'm right here. Follow my breathing okay. Slow deep breaths."

Minjung patted Nako's back as she continued to breathe slowly. "Close your eyes and imagine a place that brings you happiness. Or describe your surrounding. Mostly what you hear and what you feel. And when your ready open your eyes."

"I hear the birds chirping. I hear their echos in the valley. But I also hear the beating of your rhythmic heart. The warm sun making my skin glow and the wind tickling my body. Your gentle fingers making the hair on my arms rise while you draw circles on them. The air is fresh and your Lavender and Vanilla shampoo fills my nose as the wind brushes by. It feels like I can fly." Nako described. She opened her eyes and stared at Minjung. "Wow I can't believe that worked!"

"That was all you. Anyways are you okay to go down now?" Minjung asked standing up.

"No I want to jump." Nako announced.

"What?"

"I feel like flying. And if I go down, I'd probably be scared of heights again. So I will fly." Nako smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." Nako cheered. She strapped in and stood at the platform. The instructors began the countdown.

"Are you guys done crying up he— WHAT THE!" Yujin screamed as Nako jumped off the platform.

"WOOOHOOOO!" Nako yelled.

After an adventurous day, five girls sat on the black leather couch. Three of them were being yelled at and two of them snickered to themselves.

"I don't know why you are yelling at us Eunbi Unnie. Nako jumped on her own." Yena defended.

"And what if she didn't! You can not play pranks on people's fear! What were you three going to do?" Eunbi scolded. "Laugh in her face that she couldn't jump? I raised the three of you better! You're all grounded!" Minjung smirked and reached for her mug. "And that means, no video games, no electronics, no going out, no pranks, no cuddles or skinship and the three of you can not be in the same room during that time."

"And how long is that?" Wonyoung asked.

"Who's idea was it?" Eunbi asked.

"Yena Unnies!" Wonyoung and Yujin spoke pointing to the shortest.

"Then Yena is grounded for a month and you two are grounded until promotion ends." Eunbi declared. Minjung spit out her drink.

"I-" Minjung started don't you dare compare your time being grounded to the kids. You'll end up grounded too. She thought. "That milk tea is hotter than I thought. I'm gonna go clean up."

"Minjung wait." Nako called as Minjung entered her room. As Minjung turned around, Nako jumped onto her and hugged her. "Thank you for today." Minjung smiled and ruffled Nako's hair.