Prologue*

Author POV

The 3-year-old child rushed out of kindergarten with a smile on her face as she was excited to meet her mother.And when she saw her mom, she was on the verge of running when someone pushed her from behind and she fell to her knees. As she fell on the ground, the mud went inside her mouth. The girl who pushed her was none other than Clara, who intimidates Ashley daily at school.As it was a time when kids were getting out of school, everyone saw her fall and began to laugh.

Ashley was saddened and her eyes filled with tears. But like her mother said, a strong girl doesn't cry, so she keeps her head low trying to stop the tears and keep staying in that position. Soon, her mother Madelynn Taylor came to her and said, "Don't cry, baby, it was just a leap, and my baby is strong."

Ashley shook her head and embraced her mother. Madelynn stayed strong and questioned her daughter, "Does it hurt somewhere, baby?"

The little girl broke the cuddle and shook her head in destitution. But seeing her daughter's pitiful face, Madelynn swallowed her own tears and stood up slowly and quietly walked away. But not before having cast a look of hatred on the mother of Clara , Helen who gave her a smirk.

Both the girl's mother knew each as they lived in the same neighbourhood, yet Helen always leads her daughter bully Ashley. They had recently moved her but Madelynn had already started regretting her decision. While driving she saw Ashley was sad so she decided to buy ice cream for her. Ashley's sadness was gone the minute she saw two popsicles in front of her.

Later, they went to the park where Ashley played on her own. She sat nearby and looked at her daughter who was playing alone instead of joining the group of children who were playing together. Last night, she noticed the bruises on his daughter's body.

Tears of frustration and pain ran through her eyes. To see her daughter suffer quietly and complain of nothing. She decided to leave this place for Ashley's sake. Earlier, she stayed in this city because she wanted her daughter to be close to her father, although he doesn't care.

Tears of frustration and pain started flowing down from her eyes. Seeing her daughter suffering everything quietly and not complaining about anything. She has decided to move out of this place so Ashley can have great future. Earlier she had stayed in this town because she wanted her daughter to be closed to her father even though he doesn't care. But now, watching her daughter being bullied, it's time to start over with happiness and leave the past behind.

12 years later...
Aspen

Fifteen-year-old Ashley was crying and looking at the person her best friend Sam, for whol she has feeling as well was kissing Sophie the girl who has been harrassing Ashley since the day she join the school. They danced looking at one another lost in their own world. That's when Sophie looked in her direction and saw her, she gave her her diabolical smirk by saying that you're losing even your best friend doesn't like you.

Ash seriously felt that Sophie had won since she had admitted her feelings to Sam earlier and that he had not only rejected her but also insulted her. He not only shattered her heart, but also their 12-year friendship by insulting him.

Few hours Ago:

Ashley posed in front of the mirror wearing a red outfit. She was anticipating the party tonight because she planned to tell her best friend, whom she adores, how she really felt. When she arrived here with her mother, she had met Sam. He had intervened to protect her when the few girls had been picking on her. She was used to being bullied because it happened all the time, but it made her feel good when someone defended her. They have been great friends ever since. However, she planned to upgrade their relationship from best friends to a couple in love today. She was afraid and uneasy as she wondered how Sam would respond to her confession.