𝟬𝟭𝟯 love ➝ d.grayson

xiii. love!!

❝  Love

Love. i like the
sound of that.

            The boy's hands trailed up the girl's side before cupping her cheek gently in his hand, his calloused fingertips grazing her soft cheek. "You're so beautiful." He whispered, barely audible to [Y/N]. A rosy pink colour dusted her skin, just above her cheekbones.

She heard his compliment and she couldn't be any happier with him, they had been together for almost five years (ever since he was Robin) and Dick never failed to make her blush.

However, she didn't find it embarrassing at all, she just thought about how amazing he was to her and if she was actually good enough for him. Dick thought so, he thought she was too good for him, but they would never admit it to each other knowing both of them would end up feeling that it was their fault.

Dick had so many things he could say about his girlfriend, he even wrote some down one time, but it didn't matter how many pieces of paper he had, he still wouldn't be able to fit everything on it. She would often point out the negative things about herself, but Dick admired everything about her, even if they were her insecurities or not, he still wanted to pepper kisses all over her beautiful figure, savouring the time they had together.

Before they had met, they had no idea what love felt like. They honestly couldn't wait until their lives had ended, but at the first glance, the never wanted the world to end. In fact, it felt as though time had stopped, butterflies were fluttering about inside their stomachs making them feel extremely nervous, but they knew they were made for each other, no matter how self-conscious they were about themselves.

[Y/N] remember their first encounter, she cracked a grin rethinking of the small memory. [Y/N] was walking the streets of Gotham alone at night, That was mistake number one. Being [Y/N]'s innocent self, she wondered the city after fall and that's what make the young girl a easy target for criminals. [Y/N] was walking through the dark alleyways when a small thug cornered her. Of course, boy wonder himself saved her and fortunately he stuck to her like glue making little sneak outs for secret visiting hours.

Their new friendship was something Dick valued, he didn't understand why he told her the things he did.

[Y/N] was here for Robin when he went through the sadness times "I feel like I'm always going to be in Batman's shadow" And even the good ones "I don't even get why you call me boy wonder. Is it because you find me wonderful?" Dick soon trusted her with his secret identity, and that's when a new relationship started to bloom.

"I love you." She smiled, raking her hands through his hair, pulling slightly at the strands knowing how much he loved it when she did that. He giggled at the nickname, blushing a little. [Y/N] knew he hated his laugh, 'I don't sound manly enough' he would always say, but he sounded so perfect to her in every way possible.

"I love you too baby." He smiled, rolling on top of her. Her hands wrapped around the back of his neck, bringing him as close as possible.

His hands rested on the exposed part of her hips as her shirt had ridden up. He started singing. God how she loved it when he sang, it was so beautiful and pure and ugh, she couldn't get enough of him.

"When the moon fell in love with the sun all was golden in the sky all was golden when the day met the night..." He started, kissing her temple softly. She was addicted to him and she didn't know how a person could ever feel like this.

He kissed her cheek, then her jawbone, then her nose and back where she wanted him to be; her lips. He slowly inched closer, not in a teasing manner, they just wanted the moment to last. His lips grazed hers, there was nothing, but pure love and admiration in their eyes.

Their lips had finally connected from what felt like hours when it had only been a couple seconds. Dick could never understand how much he craved [Y/N]'s lips, it was something he could never wrap his head around.

They pulled back, foreheads touching and smiles on their faces. "How did I end up with such an amazing girlfriend, huh?" He asked, a smirk ghosting his lips. Just shut up and kiss me, Dick."