𝟬𝟭𝟴 waynes daughter ➝ r.harper

xviii. waynes daughter!!

❝ Who are you under the mask, Speedy? ❞

Who are you under
the mask, Speedy?

Being Bruce Wayne's daughter has numerous advantages, the most important of which is that you are familiar with the Justice League. Many of your peers, both women and men, constantly ask you questions ranging from, "Are they truly as kind as we think?" to "Is flash really that fast?" For the latter, you have no answers. They've become your family, even though you're of legal age: it'd be strange.

There is one Justice member, though, with whom you would jump at the chance to speak: Red Arrow. You've never met him, and you have no idea how old he is, but it didn't matter to you at this point in your crush. You've descended too far into the rabbit hole.

That's why you're in this situation: some jerk is attempting to ask you out. You've already politely declined, but he's not giving up. Now is the time for a credible excuse. You look about for assistance and come across your second crush, Roy.

There are a couple reasons for this one. One, he didn't ever try to pursue you like many others did. Two, he's badass and pretty sweet. Three, he's smart and not afraid to show it.

You couldn't use him as your excuse. He gets bullied enough, no need to add to it. So, you went with your second choice.

"Sorry, but I already have plans with Red Arrow tonight. My dad set it up for me."

Everyone's attention turns to you, which only makes a faint blush crawl up your neck. Pressing your books tighter to your chest, you hold yourself higher just like Wayne had taught you when you go to galas. When you turn to leave for your next class, you see Roy looking at you with slight surprise and something else that you can't recognise.

Choosing to ignore it for now, you walk past everyone who'd been staring at you, though they're still staring since you turned down one of the most sought-after jocks on the team. Some of them understand because who would pass up a date with Red arrow? Others wonder if you're mentally ill.

Wally elbows Roy hard after people start scattering. "Dude! [Y/N], Wayne and you?"

Roy feels his cheeks flush as he rolls his shoulder to relax his arm from his friend hitting him. "Actually, no. That never was set up, so no. I, nor Red, have a date with her."

Wally furrows his brows, leaning against the lockers. "But. . .what's keeping you from showing up at her place later?"

Pausing, Roy stares into the empty space of his locker. What is keeping him from showing up and just. . .hanging out with her as Red arrow? He didn't have a chance as Roy Harper, but apparently Red arrow does. So, with a slam of his locker, he sets a plan in his head.