𝟬𝟲𝟭 silly crushes ➝ t.drake

lxi. silly crushes!!

❝  It's because I love you!   ❞

It's because
I love you!

"WHY ARE YOU ignoring me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, tim."

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

You sighed, pausing abruptly in the hallway. tim nearly crashed into you, before clumsily stopping himself, slamming into the locker next to him. You turned to him sharply, ignoring his regular spastic behaviour and narrowed your eyes. "I really don't know what you are talking about, timmy." You sent a tight lipped smile. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get to class."

You turned to walk away, intent on ignoring tim. Because, you were. Not that you'd tell him. But a hand fell on your arm before you could, pulling you back. "tim," you hissed, turning back around to him with a new fire alit in your gaze.

Tim let go of your arm at that, stepping back slightly in fear of your wrath. You only heaved a heavy sigh, shaking your head. Pulling your strap further up your shoulder, you crossed your arms over your chest. "That's what I thought." You snapped, rolling your eyes. "I really do need to get to class. So, just... bye-"

Once again, your attempt to make it to class was futile as you were soon interrupted by tim's once again. "Just wait, Y/N!" tim said, raising his voice slightly. Your eyes widened, not used to that kind of attitude from tim. It seemed you weren't the only one, as both you and tim noticed that he'd manage to catch the attention of a few students walking by.

Huffing, Tim glanced around himself quickly, grabbing ahold of your arm once again when he saw an empty classroom. Without thinking, he tugged you along, shutting the door behind him. You stared at him with still wide eyes, watching as tim deliberately stepped in front of the classroom door, effectively blocking your only exit.

You took a deep, steady breath to calm yourself down. "What the hell, Tim?" You spat, "this is ridiculous. Let me thr-" You stepped forward, only for Tim to follow you, stepping directly in front of you. You paused, mouth left agape as you stared up at your friend, meeting his eyes.

"Not until you tell me why you're avoiding me."

You faltered slightly at that, avoiding his gaze as you crossed your arms over your chest and pressed your tongue against your cheek. "I-I'm not."

Tim just stared at you; "you're lying."

"I'm not."

"You are."

"I'm no-" You stopped yourself, grumbling a curse under your breath. You threw your hands in the air, before slapping them against your thighs. "Come on, Tim. Now is not the time to talk about this. I need to get to class, as do you, so if you'll just let me throu-"

"Now is good as any."Tim interrupted, taking a step forward. You took one back, out of instinct. "You're avoiding me, remember? I let you go, and I might never be able to do this again."

"This is absurd," you shook your head. "It's not like i'm disappearing off the face of the earth. I really have to get to class, we can talk about this later."

"When, then?" Tim asked, raising a brow. You paused, biting your lip. You didn't know, at this point, if you were trying to convince tim or yourself. "Because every single time I try to talk to you, let alone get near you, you run the other way. And i've seen it. If richard or jason or even stephanie walks up to you, you're fine. You laugh and everything's okay. But the moment I show up, you just run away!"

You remained silent, not sure what to say.

Tim continued, taking another step forward this time. Before you knew it, you felt your lower back hit a lab bench, cornering you as tim continued to grow closer. You felt panic swell within you, desperately looking around you for a way out. There was none.

"Just tell me what I did wrong," Tim stressed, panic filling his own expression. "I'll try to make it better. I'm sorry, for whatever I did. Just please stop ignor-"

"It's because I love you!" You shouted, forgetting yourself in the moment. Your shoulders slumped the moment the words left your lips, head dipped as you refused to meet Tim's eyes. You could just see his expression now - one of utter and complete bewilderment. "And... And I can't handle seeing you with her all day, or talking about her. All you do you talk about her! And it hurts, so fucking much, every single damn time."

Tim paused a moment, scratching the back of his neck. He let your words register, before he realized something. "Who?"

You furrowed your brows, forgetting your embarrassment and meeting his eyes. "What?"

"Who do I always talk about?"

"Are you kidding me?" You asked, laughing bitterly. "stephanie! Who else?"

"Stephanie?"

"Yes, Stephanie!" You yelled, shaking your head. Pushing yourself up and off the desk, you huffed. "Since I met you, all you've done is about stephanie. How pretty she is, how smart she is. The way she wears her hair, or the way she dresses. You love the way she talks and you love the way she carries herself. This, that. I've had to listen to you talk about the girl you're in love with, whilst i'm in love with you."

You expected Tim to say something. Just something. After a confession like that, with tears falling down your cheeks, you thought you at least deserved it.

But Tim only remained silent, staring out in shock like an idiot.

You scoffed, grabbing your bag that had somehow, at some point dropped and begun making your way to the door. You couldn't stand being there any longer, especially not now that you just confessed to your best friend that you're in love with him when he's so clearly not in love with yo-

A hand grabs your arms, and your pulled into tim's embrace. Before you know it, his lips are on yours, hands cupping your cheeks as you pulled you as close as physically possible. You're stunned, too baffled to move, as your long-time crush kisses you with such passion. And you almost let go, almost return it, but then something comes to mind.

Stephanie.

You push away, pressing your hands against tim's chest as you stepped back in panic. tim lets you, wide eyes on you as you try to catch your breath.

"What the hell was that?" You asked, holding a hand against your chest as you meet tim's eyes. "What about Stephanie?"

"What about Stephanie?"

Your eyes are almost bursting out of their sockets at tim's words. "Wh-What? tim, stephanie! stephanie! the girl you've had a crush."

"A crush, yeah." Tim nods, taking a step towards you, closing the gap you'd created between the two of you. His hands fall on your cheeks, the touch gentle it almost makes you melt at the touch. "I thought I loved stephanie, but hearing you - just now - made me realize something."

You stop tim's there, utterly confused. Your hand falls on his chest, swallowing thickly. "Tim, if you're just saying this to make me feel bet-"

"No!"tim interrupts, shaking his head. "I love you, Y/N. I do. And I should've realized it long ago, but I know it now."

You pause in thought, unsure how to react to his words. But then he's pulling you close again, pulling your eyes on his own and you see, just by looking into his eyes, that tim isn't lying. Not now.

So you let him kiss you again, this time returning it.

"What the hell are you two doing in here? drake! Y/L/N!"