𝟬𝟬𝟵 surrogate father ➝ b.wayne

ix. surrogate father!!

❝ You're like a daughter to me

You're like a
daughter to me.

          It was just you and Batman.

Everyone else had left to give Bruce a moment alone with you, knowing the way he felt about pity and the such.

Yet, this one time, Bruce found the silence and isolation stifling. Staring at your beaten form was torture for Bruce, though he couldn't bring himself to leave. Despite the way he acted, as if he didn't care, he did in fact care a lot for you. He'd even begun to think of you as his own daughter and when he'd saw you getting beaten on, so ruthlessly, the heart he thought he hadn't had before broke.

"[Y/N]." Bruce softly called, was he was sure he was alone and that you were asleep. He let his hand fall upon your arm, gripping it gently with much needed force. Bruce let his eyes fall shut, silence filling his mind. "You're like a daughter to me, okay?" He softly admitted, every part of him needed you to hear this. "And I know I don't always treat you right, but I just need you to hear this now - I love you... and I need you to get better."

Little did Bruce now that you were in fact awake and it was taking every fiber of your being to hide the growing smile on your lips.

"I can't stand seeing you like this."

But eventually, you decided to speak up and softly you gripped the hand he held on you, shocking Bruce. "I'll be fine." You whispered, your eyes slowly blinking open as you met Bruce's eyes. His eyes widened in surprised and he almost looked embarrassed but you only smiled his way. "Thank you, dad."

Bruce paused, unsure of how to respond he'd never really shown his soft side. But seeing your smile, despite everything you'd been through and he knew he couldn't ignore that. "Of course."