𝟬𝟲𝟲 worried ➝ b.wayne

lxvi. worried!!

❝ I didn't tell youbecause i knew you would be worried

I didn't tell you
because i knew you
would be worried.

BRUCE WAS ANGRY. The steam could clearly be seen from his ears and nostrils as he paced around the compound looking for you.

Where the hell could you have gone without him knowing about it? You were 8 months pregnant with your daughter. His first initial thought was that Joker had come for you.

"Where the fuck has she gone?" Bruce yelled. A tear running down his cheek. He was tugging at the strands of his hair and even Clarke was worried he was about to have a mental breakdown.

"Bruce. You need to calm down. I know she's fine and knows how to take care of herself man." Dick tried to calm him down but knew it was a futile attempt.

"She's pregnant, Dick. Heavily pregnant. What if she has fallen down somewhere and I don't know where? What if the Joker had her and my daughter and I don't fucking know because she didn't fucking tell me!"

"Bruce. Go back to your room. Take a shower, relax and clear your mind for when you do talk to her. You don't wanna risk stressing her out in her condition. Come on man."

It took a lot of attempts to get Bruce back to your shared room. He was restless, scared and didn't know what to do.

But he took Dick advice and took a hot shower. The water doing nothing to ease the tension in his body. He tried to call you many times, but it went straight to your voicemail.

Once he cleaned himself, he got dressed into a black Henley and some matching sweatpants. He combed his hair back into a bun and sprayed some cologne on his skin. He took a deep sigh and left the bathroom. Just as he did, he saw you trying to sneak in the room quietly with bags of shopping hanging from each wrist.

"Y/N!" Bruce yelled suddenly from behind you. You turned and held a hand on your chest. Your eyes widened in fear because you've been caught and you did two things he asked you never to do. Leave without telling him where you're going, and always keep your phone on.

"Bruce. You scared me." You chuckled lightly, knowing there was nothing funny about the situation. And judging by the angry look in his eyes, you knew he didn't find it amusing at all.

"The feeling is mutual. Where the fuck have you been?! I've been going out of my god damn mind here!" He stopped in front of you, but giving you some distance.

"Ok I can explain. Please let me explain." You held your hands up in surrender and he nodded for you to continue. The look on his face was terrifying.

"I just needed to get out of the compound for a few hours. I picked up some new baby clothes and chose-"

"Doll. I appreciate that, I really do. But I lost my fucking mind here. I wouldn't have stopped you from leaving, but I would have liked to have known where you were and then you switched off your phone. My immediate thought was someone had taken you away from me!"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't tell you because I knew you would worry." You pulled your lip between your teeth and one hand rested on your bump.

Bruce huffed and shook his head. "Yeah. Of course I'd be worried. I'm your boyfriend, that's my damn job!"

"You're right. I'm sorry baby. I promise I won't do it again." You smiled and walked up towards him and pressed the palm of your hand on his cheek. "I love you and I'm sorry. Please forgive me."

Bruce sighed and rested his hands on your waist and pulled you close.

"Of course I forgive you baby. I was just scared I'm sorry too. What did you buy?" He motioned towards the bags that were now on the floor.

You sniffled and wiped your tears. A knowing smirk playing on your lips.

"I bought our daughter a onesie with a 'Daddy's Girl' on the front. Then I bought a black teddy for after she's born and we get back to our sex life." You winked and he grinned. Something glistened in his eyes as he licked his lips.

"I can't wait. Show me."