𝟬𝟱𝟬 princess affairs pt1 ➝ b.markov

l. princess affairs!!

❝ I kind of like the mystery of it

I kind of like the
mystery of it.

SOMETHING ABOUT SITTING through these long discussions made y/n want to jump out of the next window she saw, but she knew she had to.

She was first in line for the throne to the Ardonian throne, a royal treasure as her father liked to tell her. She had some many duties to uphold, some many people to impress and some may things looming over her. She couldn't handle it.

"y/n, are you listening to me?" her father; the King called out, his gruff voice filling the room. y/n waited for the maids to tie the knot on her corset before she swivelled around to face him.

"I'm sorry father, could you repeat what you said?" y/n asked sweetly trying to avoid her father's wrath against her. He stood up stumbling a bit as he made his way over to his daughter.

"I know you've been subduing the planning for your wedding," Her father spoke sternly, as he watched the rest of y/n's heavy gown be placed on her figure. y/n felt her stomach do turns when her father told her the news.

"I've been busy," y/n said shortly as she went to place her stumpy heels on her feet.

"You need to get married as soon as possible y/n," her father exclaimed angrily, "Our kingdom needs a direct heir," her father snapped. y/n huffed loudly and rolled her eyes.

"Is that all that matters to you," y/n spat back as her hands found themselves placed on her hips, "maybe you should consider my happiness instead of making sure I have children," y/n told him quietly, seriously doubting her father's love for her.

The room fell completely silent as y/n's father starred elsewhere while y/n's had her eyes trained straight on her father. y/n prayed something would happen that cause her father to leave her alone and thankfully something did.

A soft couple of knocks on her door cut the thick air and both monarchs looked to the door intently, "It's open," y/n called out and in walked a middle-aged man dressed in nice clothing and a charming but evil smirk on his face, y/n grimaced.

"I am sorry, your majesty but I need to talk to your daughter," the man spoke lightly as he bowed in the direction of y/n's father before turning to face her. y/n's father smiled widely before slowly making his way out of the room.

Once they were alone, the man swayed toward y/n. She tried to distance herself from him as best she could.

"How's my bride to be?" he asked with a tinge of darkness in his voice.

"Fine, Archduke charles," y/n said quietly, not wanting to start a conversation with him. charles laughed evilly before he let his hands drift over her waist and he grips it tightly. y/n flinched.