𝟬𝟬𝟴 hair braids ➝ g.logan

viii. hair braids!!

❝ Could you braid my hair? ❞

Could you braid
my hair?

           You and Garfield were settled in for the night, lying in his childhood bed with your head on his chest and his arm around your torso. He was tracing shapes absentmindedly across your back, nails ever so slightly grazing your skin through your shirt. A shiver ran down your spine when his finger moved across your shoulder blade.

"You cold?" Gar asked, moving to pull the blankets up further.

"No, just a shudder," you replied. "From your fingers."

He nodded, smiling softly. "Want me to stop?"

"No," you said, then a thought came to your mind and you smiled. "Actually, maybe. Could you braid my hair?"

He was silent for a few minutes, more surprised than anything else.

"It's okay if you don't want to, or don't know how."

Gar cleared his throat. "No, I... I know how."

Your smile widened. "You do?" He nodded slightly. "Mom taught all of us when we were kids. Do you have a hair elastic?"

"In my sweater pocket," you said, nodding towards the chair that your sweater sat on.

Garfield went and got the elastic and when he returned you were sitting up, running your fingers through your hair to get out any tangles.He sat behind you, legs on either side of you. You put a hand on his knee as he started to gently run his fingers through your hair.

You sighed, tilting your head back so he could get better access to your hair. "What kind of braid do you want?" he asked.

"You know how to do multiple kinds?" you asked, shocked.

"Like I said, Mom taught us. So? What kind?"

"Can you do French?" He hummed in response and started to separate your hair.

You let your eyes shut, tiredness and relaxation taking over. Gar was very gentle when braiding your hair, never pulling or twisting it. But, he made sure it was tight enough not to fall out. You were impressed by his braiding skills, considering he hadn't had anyone's hair to braid in ages.

"I know that you'll be busy tomorrow, with, y'know, trying to stop the apocalypse, but is there any chance we could just stay in bed for a little while in the morning?" you asked, wanting nothing more than to just cuddle with him and talk.

Gar tied off your braid and gave your shoulder a light kiss. "Tell you what, until noon unless someone's dying, we're not leaving this bed."

You smiled widely and turned to face him. "If someone dies, I'll kill them."