𝟬𝟮𝟳 anasthesia ➝ b.allen

xxvii. anasthesia!!

❝ You're just high on the anesthesia

You're just high on
the anesthesia.

"[Y/N] can you lift me up?"You had just received a call from your best friend Bart, who had been on a mission and had been knocked out, causing him to get a little loopy, and the anesthetic had failed to assist. Even though his speech was garbled, you could see he wanted to be scooped up straight away. He must have been high on laughing gas at the time.

"I'll be there in five minutes Bart. Just sit tight." You said into the phone. Being the great friend you are, you deal with this kind of stuff daily with Bart and his stupid decisions, and getting distracted on a mission which caused him to black out was one of them.

"How-h-howamisupposed t-to sit tiiiiight? How c-could I sit loooooose? You're so funny, [Y/N], y-you're funny." The speedster said quickly making it hard for you to understand anything.

You chuckled, knowing this would be fun. "You're silly Bart, just sit down and relax, I'll be there soon."

"[Y-Y/NNN], [Y/N], [Y/N],[YY-Yy-NnNn]," Bart kept repeating your name name over and over, the laughing gas still hadn't worn off.

- - -

"[Y/N]? Guess what???" You had been friends with Bart since he join the team and you were both very close, he had wanted you to come to the Cave and pick him up, he knew you'd get him back home safely after. He also knew you'd take funny videos of him but he didn't mind because he'd do the same to you, that's how close you two were.

Taking out your phone you pointed the camera towards him and started recording, "Yes Bart what is it?" You snickered in the back-sound of the video.

Bart stood up almost flipping the chair over, out of excitement. "Muffins!" Bart shouted, looking into the camera. You weren't surprised that Bart said something that was food.

"Yes Bart, you like muffins, we all know that," you said laughing.

"OH my GOD [Y/N] !! Did you hear..?"

"Hear what?"

Bart completely changed the conversation and switch it to the old fun knock knock jokes. "Knock knock" his expression change, once again.

"Who's there" you said placing a hand to your head, slowly regretting this. I mean at times Bart's jokes and slide comments can be flattering but some but, annoying.

"[Y/N] it's me, obviously..." he said rolling his eyes at you. "Can I tell you a secret?" he added.

"Of course," you said, making sure the video was still recording.

"I love you."

"Yes Bart I love you too, now let's get you inside" You didn't think anything of those words because you had been friends for so long, although you had never said them to each other, he had a girlfriend back then and that seemed to be crossing a line.

Suddenly Bart speed over grabbed your arm and you jumped, snapping back out of your train of thoughts. "N-no, [Y/N]. Not like thaaaat. I looove you." He repeated, his emerald pools grow looking into yours.

"Okay Bart, let's just get you inside." You moved to open the car door, "You need a r-"

"[Y/N]," he was pretty much yelling now, "I love you." He still had his large rough hand wrapped around your wrist, just tight enough to keep you from slipping away, and this time he pulled it towards him, bringing your whole body with it.

Suddenly your lips touched and you spent a fraction of a second in shock before you fell into the kiss; being pulled in by his soft lips. Suddenly noticed a metallic taste on the tip of your tongue and you jolted back, snapping out of the heaven you had been lost in.

"Bart, we need to get you inside, you need to take your pills and rest." You said again, this time breaking free from his grip and walking around to the other side of your car, opening the door to help him out.

"You won't even remember any of this in the morning, you're just high on the anesthesia" you let out a sigh, knowing that was true. A part of you wanted Bart to remember the kiss, but would it ruin the friendship between the two of you?

"Intoxicated words are sober thoughts [Y/N], just with the courage to make an appearance." You looked at him for a second, allowing your mind to wander to the possibility that he had been pining for you all these years; then you pushed it away, knowing that he wasn't in the right state to be having this conversation.