𝟬𝟰𝟭 staring ➝ c.kent

xli. staring!!

❝ What are you staring at? ❞

What are you
staring at?

CONNER'S ARM ENGULF you in a warm hug. "Hey, hey. it's okay. I'm here." He coos softly, rocking you back and forth.

You clutch his t-shirt and sob into his shoulder. You can't even formulate the right words to say to him.

He leads you to the sofa. "Do you want some tea? it might help you feel better."

You nod softly, bringing your knees to your chest. He gives you a gentle smile, ruffling your hair. You sigh as he walks away.

Your boyfriend had just broken up with you because you "Were too infatuated with Conner", but that was crazy! you had never had feelings for Conner, your best friend ever since you join the team. okay, not never. But that was sophomore year and his gorgeous black hair and his blue eyes! how could you resist?

He returns a few minutes later with two mugs. "Two spoons of sugar, just the way you like it!" He exclaims happily, plopping down next to you.

You look at him. He sure as hell was cute. But Conner was always cute, that was undeniable to anyone who looked at him. And his hair... it was so soft. It would always comfort him when you ran your fingers through his hair, so you'd always do it when he was upset. wouldn't you do that for your best friend?

Conner stares at you quizzically as he laughs softly. "What are you staring at?"

You smile at him, cupping his cheek in your hand. it's almost like he melts under your touch. Cautiously, he leans forward until your foreheads are touching. Then it's noses. then... oh god, and then.

Conner kisses you.

You don't pull back. you kiss him harder, tangling your fingers into his hair.

yYu definitely have feelings for Conner, your best friend since joining the team.