𝟬𝟲𝟬 forgotten hangovers ➝ j.reyes

lx. forgotten hangovers!!

❝ I'd do anything for you

I'd do anything
for you.

"MY HEAD HURTS."

"I know."

"And my body."

"Come on."

"Really, everything hurts."

Jaime sighed, shaking his head lightly as he pulled your arm off of his shoulder to help set you down in your own bed. You didn't fight him, falling against the soft mattress with a groan of relief.

Your head might be pounding into your skull, and the world might seem like it's spinning, but in this exact moment, your bed as never felt more comfortable.

Blinking, you look up, meeting jaime's eyes who's standing by the foot of your bed. He has a deep frown marred on his lips because of nothing else other than concern and he has his arms crossed over his chest. In light of the situation you find yourself in, you decide to try and plaster a small smile on your lips. "Thank you, Jaime."

Jaime blinks then and his eyes move up to meet your own. He hasn't caught a word of what you've just said. "What?"

"For taking me home," you whisper. Even your own voice was starting to sound like a blare horn. "I made you miss class and everything, so thank you."

"Oh," Jaime mumbles, and then he shrugs. "It's no problem. I'd do anything for you."

'she's a distraction to our purpose,' Jaime's scarab commented, again, on something to do with you. this time he choose to ignore the scarab and put his full attention to you.

It's not unlike anything Jaime's has said before, but for some reason, in your hang-over ridden mind, the words seem odd. You open one eye, not even remembering when you'd closed them, and peek up at him subtly. Jaime doesn't notice your eyes on him, given that he's currently glancing around your bedroom which he's never been in before.

"What do you mean?"

The words slip from your lips before you can stop them. jaime's eyes once again slide back to your own, and with a slightly panicked expression, he quirks one brow. "Hmm?"

"You said you'd do anything for me," you clarified, slowly pushing yourself back up. Once your in a seated position, and you have to strain your neck further to properly see Jaime, you finally notice the light blush coating his cheeks. "Why?"

"W-Well, you know..." He stammers, obviously trying to find the most appropriate words. "I just meant that, you're my friend. So, i'd- well, i'd do anything-"

You cut him off by grabbing ahold of his hand. The action elicits a soft gasp from Jaime's lips and he glances down at your hands in confusion. "Y/N?"

"I can tell you're lying," you say, glancing up at him. "Tell me the truth."

'she's a threat, she needs to be destroyed,' Jaime sprang up shaking his head. for once he was in control of his scarab, bring around you helped and he wasn't going to let anything happen to you. ever.

Jaime doesn't say anything for a long while. He just glances back and forth between your hands entwined and your eyes, lips parted with flushed cheeks. Then, a moment later, he coughs and uses his free hand to scratch the back of his awkwardly.

"I like you."

The words are so quiet you can barely make them out. You lean forward, a smile falling on your lips.

"What?"

"I, umm, like you."

Finally, the smile blossoms and your eyes crinkle slightly in amusement. Jaime's head is turned to the left and he's scarcely avoiding your gaze but you only leaned forward, pushing yourself to a stand as you use your free hand to gently push his face back towards your own. Then, you're pressing a kiss against his lips. It's chaste, your lips are barely there for a second before you're leaning back on the heels of your feet, a shy smile growing on your lips, replacing the confident one.

"I like you too."

Swallowing the lump in his throat, jaime asks; "re-really?"

You nod; "yeah."

There's a moment before Jaime steps forward. He pulls his hand from your own and uses it to wrap around your waist, pressing you flush against his chest. "Great," he starts, "because i've always wanted to do this."

He presses his lips against your own and suddenly the hangover is forgotten.