Warm Tones or Cool Tones? | Hongjoong

Hongjoong x Reader

Pure Fluff

Summary: You decide to paint Hongjoong's fingernail cause it was chipping and he had a performance coming up.

You'd just came home from work. It'd been a very long day, but luckily your boyfriend Hongjoong was home. He'd ordered take out so that neither of you would have to cook, since he hadn't seen you a lot since they were preparing for their first comeback. You both ate while watching a movie. He still had a few things he had to so he grabbed his laptop and sat on your couch. You were watching him work, just enjoying the silence that you missed. It was something the 2 of you did often when you were together. You'd been together for a little over a year. He'd finished his debut promotions right before your one year anniversary. But while you were looking, you saw his nail that he always painted was chipping. You immediately got up and got your box that held all your nail polishes.

"Love, what are you doing?" He asked when you got up. It was rare that you got up without telling him that you'd be right back when you were with him.

"I'm getting my nail polish. Your nail is chipping. Plus you have a performance coming up. You can't go on stage with a chipped nail!" You exclaimed as you sad down in front of him opening the box to find a color that would look good.

"Okay, serious question."

"Alright."

"Warm tones or cool tones?" He looked up from where he was typing and thought for a minute.

"How about a color that can go with everything. I don't really know what the stylists are planning for our outfits besides the first couple of stages." You continued going through your box of nail polish. Well that left white or black. You could always paint it again, but you didn't want to get busy and have him stuck with a nail color that didn't fit. The stylists knew that Hongjoong would only let you paint his nail, so they left you to it. You decided to paint it black remembering the outfits you saw them in when they were recording the music video for both of their songs they were going to be promoting.

"Babe, can I have your hand?" You asked nicely after you'd gotten a cotton ball wet with some nail polish remover. He handed you his hand after finishing what he was typing. You smiled, kissing his hand before wiping the old blue nail polish off. He smiled softly, typing slower since you had his other hand. You carefully began to paint his nail, wiping away what got on his skin. Once you were finished, and it was dry since you knew he would go back to typing once you let his hand go, you patted his knee and stoop up. But he grabbed your hand when you started to walk back to your room to put away your box.

"Thank you." He said smiling. Before you could answer him, he pulled you in to kiss you quick before focusing back on his work.

"Your welcome babe."