I Miss You When You're Gone | Mingi

Mingi x Reader

Fluff

Summary: You're having a tough time at uni and Mingi's on tour. You'd facetime every once and a while, but you'd always end up doing some homework. When you'd miss him the most, your roommate would catch you crying. Suddenly your phone is going off with a facetime call. You answered and hid your face, knowing that he'd see that you were crying. He asks about your day and you decide to tell him how much you'd been struggling cause you miss him. He says he misses you too and that he has a surprise for you and that it'd be there in a couple of days.

 He says he misses you too and that he has a surprise for you and that it'd be there in a couple of days

You were in class one day when your phone buzzed. It was Mingi. He was on tour right now, and you'd been struggling with your classes. You'd facetime every once and a while but you would always end up doing homework. All your classes had given a lot of papers that were due right at the end of his tour. You quickly texted him back, saying that you'd answer him after class, and focused on class again. When you got home you were so exhausted. Usually when you had days like this, Mingi would be here with take out and a movie. He was always ready to cuddle and listen to you rant about how much you hated school, but he wasn't there. He was on tour. So you tried your best to do some homework, but you missed him a lot. He'd been gone for almost 2 months, and it'd been hard to talk to him since you had school and timezones suck. You gave up on trying to do your homework and laid in bed. You were dressed in one of his hoodies that he left and started crying, since you missed him so much. Suddenly your phone is going off with a facetime call from him.

You answer but hide your face, knowing that he'd know you were crying.

"Hey babe!" He said, smiling like the sun. I was smiling behind my pillow.

"Hi. How's tour?" You asked, wanting to know how your boyfriend was.

"It's good. It's a little surprising that there is ATINY all over the world." He said smiling. "Babe why are you hiding your face? I wanna see you." Whining at the end. You laughed and moved your pillow.

"Is that better?" You asked laughing a little bit.

"Definitely. How's your day been?" At that your face fell a bit. You explained about how your professors were giving papers and more homework left and right. And that you miss him a lot, which didn't help when you were trying to focus on work, but kept thinking about how he'd cheer you up after a bad day like today.

"Well I do know what will cheer you up." He said smiling.

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise. I wasn't even gonna tell you I was planning anything, but I think you should know so you can look forward to it." You groaned.

"You know I hate surprises babe! Why can't you just tell me?" He laughed.

"If I told you then it would ruin the surprise. It's only a few days anyways. You can wait."

"Babe!" You groaned out as he laughed some. You talked a little more as he refused to tell you about his surprise. Your eyes were fluttering as you struggled to stay awake. You'd pulled a couple of all nighters to finish one of your papers, and now you were paying the price.

"Love go to sleep. We can talk tomorrow."

"But-" You yawned, "I want to talk to you since I don't get to often." He smiled.

"I promise we can talk tomorrow. Maybe on your way to class?" You nodded your head and rolled over to put phone on charge.

"Can you talk to me till I fall asleep?"

"Of course." And he talked softly, saying all the things he would if he was home right then. He could imagine the two of you in your bed, cuddled up. You'd be snuggled into his neck while he ran his hands through your hair and rubbed your back. He usually did this when you had a really stressful day. Right before you fell asleep you mumbled that you loved him, and he smiled saying it back. And then you were out like a light. He screenshotted the sight, and hung up.

A couple days later, you'd shown up to your first class early. You were ready to go home instantly. You'd completely forgotten about Mingi's surprise. When you left your class, wanting to go home, you saw little crowd around something near the field in front of the school. You didn't really feel like being around a lot of people so you chose you walk by, to satisfy your curiosity, but not get close enough to be around all those people. When you walked by, you thought you heard Mingi's voice, but you had to have been going crazy. Still you looked around and realized that the crowd from earlier was surround your boyfriends group. You stood there shocked to see him after 2 months, and it not be through your phone screen. Then once your shock was gone, you dropped your bag and notebook to run to him. He laughed and picked you up to hug you and twirl you around. You started to cry a little, knowing that since he was here everything was going to be fine.

"Aw, babe don't cry." He said laughing. He wiped under your eyes and hugged you to him again. Soon the rest of the guys were surrounding you with hugs and saying they missed you. You pulled back from all them, to see them and to wipe your eyes again. Mingi laughed as the pulled you close to kiss you.

"Surprise babe. I told you you could wait a couple of days."