Protective | Wooyoung

Wooyoung x Reader

Fluff

Summary: You get hurt during a fight and Wooyoung is there.

(plz bless my bias wrecker with a lovely time in the US)

Normally women didn't ride pirate ships, but everyone knew Y/N's name. She was on the Treasure, which was one of the most famous pirate ships that sailed the seas. It was ran by her captain, Hongjoong. Their crew was called ATEEZ, and they all treated her like family. She was obviously close to 8 of the crew, Hongjoong, Seonghwa, Yunho, Yeosang, San, Mingi, Wooyoung, and Jongho. Seonghwa was the cook, making the most delicious meals that he could out at sea. Yeosang was their residential medic. He mostly stayed in his bay, researching about new medicines and cures. San and Wooyoung helped you with the sails, both liking to play around high up in the sky. Mingi was second in command, helping plan heists and taking over the ship when the captain went to sleep. Yunho and Jongho were in charge of training all the men on the Treasure. You'd trained with them when you first came onto the Treasure, and they didn't treat you any different and beat you many times. You even have the scars to prove it.

You were supposed to be going to an island nearby to stock up on some supplies and rest, having been out at sea for almost 2 months. You were up in the crows nest, looking for the glorious sight of land, but you saw a ship getting suspiciously close.

"Hey San! Can you go down and tell Joong that there's a ship close?" You asked while pointing at it. San nodded and quickly scaled down the ropes.

"Do you think they're looking for a fight?" Wooyoung asked as he climbed in beside you.

"I don't know. It looks like they are, but they could always be trying to go to one of the nearby islands. I know there's a couple around here." You said sighing, leaning back to prop your feet up. You looked over at Wooyoung, you'd always liked him. He was very beautiful and always kept you company at the loneliest times during the night. You looked back at the ship, and saw that it was closer. You could see the men on the other ship moving around, much more than they should for where they were. "Wooyoung go tell everyone to get ready, but don't ring the bell. They don't think we know yet." You said as you got up. Wooyoung was gone, heading to tell everyone to get ready for battle. You kept an eye on them as you went about through the sails. They were moving cannons and readying ropes to try and board your ship.

When the fight started, all hell broke loose. There was cannons going off, people screaming, orders being thrown. You were up in the sails still, shooting down on the other ship. You'd managed to get their second in command when you'd got shot. It was in the shoulder, luckily not your dominant side, but it hurt like a bitch. You caught yourself before you fell, but you landed against one of the masts. You tore your shirt, tying it above the injury like Yeosang had showed you, and climbed down. You grabbed your cutlass from your hip and started swinging once you landed on the deck.