Management Sucks | Seonghwa

Seonghwa x Reader

Angst/ Fluff

Summary: You had a meeting with their management and he told you something you never thought you'd hear ever, you had to break up with him.

Everytime you'd been inside KQ Entertainment, you were with Seonghwa, but this time it was just you. His manager had asked to meet with you, to talk about something, but he didn't specify what it was. You were nervous. When you got there, you knew exactly where your boyfriend and his friends were. They were practicing at the moment, and you hadn't told Seonghwa you had a meeting with his manager. You knocked on the door, and you heard a light come in.

"Ah, Y/N please come in. I have something I want to talk to you about." He said as you bowed. You nodded and sat down on the chair in front of his desk. "So I'm sure you're wondering what I wanted to talk to you about." You nodded. "Well it's about your relationship with Seonghwa. He needs to focus more on his comeback, and it seems like you're distracting him." You froze, what. "And we all think that it'd be best if the two of you break up." You had tears coming to your eyes.

"We've been together for 2 years, and you want me to just throw that all away? When he first debuted it wasn't an issue. When we told his fans it wasn't a problem either. I don't understand why it is now? I don't see how I'm distracting him?" You just couldn't see what they were talking about.

"Well ATEEZ is about to start their promotions again and the president thinks it's best for him to be completely 100% focused on their live stages. For the past week he's been glued to his phone during breaks, and hasn't been really paying much attention. When Hongjoong asked him what had him so distracted, he said he was worried about you since you hadn't been answering him."

"That's because I have class and he forgot. I remember that day. He was worried that something had happened."

"Well, because of that, we are going to have to split you two. At least for the promotion period and their tour."

"That's at least 3 months!"

"We know, and we hope that the two of you could rekindle that relationship afterwards. But as of right now we are going to release a statement and say that the two of you split on next Friday. That means you have a week to tell him. Have a good day Y/N."

When you got home, you immediately ran to your room and cried your eyes out. On the walk home you'd texted Seonghwa to not come over tonight since you were gonna be working on a project with your partner, which wasn't a lie. Your best friend was coming over to talk to you and maybe work on the project.

When she got there, you were just laying in bed. Your eyes were red and puffy.

"Oh baby. What happened?" She asked as she pulled you to her, which made you start crying again. So you told her, about all what their manager said and told you to do.

"So now, I have a week to break up with him. I can't do it. I can't, I love him and I don't want to throw away our whole relationship." You cried harder and your best friend, bless her, just held you and soon you fell asleep. She texted Seonghwa and told him what happened, knowing that you wouldn't. She told him not to say anything, wanting him to deal with his management first and then come talk to you. She knew that your heart would hurt not having him around while he did this, but she knew it was for the best.

When Seonghwa found out he was pissed. Thankfully your best friend knew he would and barricaded him into his room, knowing he'd go straight for their manager. They all had been helping him plan his proposal. He was wanting to do it before they left for tour, but he didn't know if they'd have enough time to do it before then. Hongjoong went to talk to their manager, and he guessed that their manager thought she'd broke up with him because they posted the announcement. When you saw that the article was posted, you expected Seonghwa to be texting and calling you, but he hadn't. He was unusually quiet. This made you think that he was the one that pushed for the break up, but you didn't know why he wouldn't tell you he wanted to break up with you himself than through the media.

But at the dorm, Seonghwa had gotten out of his room and was on a rampage. Jongho having you restrain him before he could punch their manager. He was yelling at him to take it down, that she hadn't even told him, and for the guys to give his phone back to him so he could talk to you. But they were relentless. Hongjoong texted you to tell you that Seonghwa was trying to get it taken down, but Seonghwa snatched his phone out of his hands and called you.

"Hel-"
"Babe I promise I did not want to break up with you and I don't know why my manager wants us to either but you can bet I'm going to talk to the president about this." And he hung up. You were stunned, the boys were stunned, their manager was stunned. At least it made you feel better knowing that he was going to get it removed and he didn't want to break up with you.

Later that night, you hadn't heard from any of the boys. You'd texted them to ask for some updates on everything, since they still had Seonghwa's phone. But no one had answered you. Little did you know, Seonghwa had decided to do his proposal today. He got some flowers, and went over to your house while the boys were still at the company. He'd been sent home when he almost flew across the table at their old manager. To everyone's surprise, the manager had wanted to date you secretly, so he arranged a meeting to convince you to break up with him and their president didn't know anything about it. He even went as far to say that he liked you, you were respectable and when Seonghwa asked if he could propose he was excited.

So when Seonghwa got to your house, he was a little nervous but he was ready to ask. He knocked on your door and when you answered, he immediately pulled you into a hug. You started to tear up, glad that he was still with you. You'd been terrified that you were actually gonna have to break up with him.

"I got these for you princess." He said as he pulled away. He handed you the flowers and you let him inside to replace the ones that he'd given you almost a week ago on your last date. They looked great, and definitely gave the place a homely vibe. When you turned around, Seonghwa was on his knee and a ring box opened in his hand. You just looked at him frozen.

"You see, I had planned to do this before we left for tour, but after everything that's happened. I thought it'd be best if I did this now. So this is all impromptu and uncoordinated. BUT, when we first met I knew you were gonna be it for me. You support me to the fullest and I can't be happier about it. When you show up at practice with food and drinks for everyone cause I know you worry that we don't eat enough. When you invite everyone over to cook for us so you know that we're having a good meal. When we stay at home and you just snuggle into my side like you don't want to move at all. And when we go on dates, your smile makes me so happy cause I want it to stay there. That's why I want to ask your to become my wife. Cause I know you make me happy and I'll try my hardest to make you hap-" He couldn't finish his sentence cause you where on him, hugging him tightly and saying yes quietly. He picked you up and hugged you tightly. When you separated, Seonghwa pulled the beautiful ring out of the box and placed it on your finger. He kissed your hand before he pulled you in for a passionate kiss. Soon there was a knock on the door, and you could hear the boys yelling from outside. 

"They can wait a little bit longer." He said as he kissed you again.