Mikey

A/N Please read my first story before the sequel. Thank you!

What am I?

Within the Seafoam Islands

            A young boy and his Pokemon were searching the rubble of a burning base. They had been there for days searching desperately for something…no, someone lost in the smoky debris of the base.

            “She’s not dead. She’s not dead. Please, cousin, answer us! Where are you?!” The boy cried.

        There was no answer.

        The boy looked to his Pokemon and signed to them. “Can you smell her?”

        They shook their heads and signed back to him. “We can only smell the smoke.”

        A shadow passed over them as a large, gray and purple Legendary flew over the wrecked landscape. He landed a little ways away from the boy and his Pokemon.

        The boy looked at the Legendary sadly. He didn’t know what to say to the Legendary to make the situation any better. The boy began walking towards the Legendary, but stopped when he turned to face the mute boy. His expression grew gloomier when he saw that the boy was alone with his Pokemon.

        “Mewtwo, we’ll find her. Jen is not dead. It would take much more than an explosion to kill her.” The boy said telepathically to the gray Legendary.

        “Red, take your Pokemon and go home…” Mewtwo said glumly.

        “No, we need to find Jen.” Red argued.

        “I wasn’t asking you, boy. Go. Home. Mew, and the others, and I will continue to look for her.”

        Red was about to protest some more, but Mewtwo continued to speak.

        “Find that girl that you danced with at Altomare. Be with her if you love her.” Mewtwo said sternly.

        Red’s shoulders sagged in defeat. He did one last scan of the nearly empty area. The only beings left were Mewtwo, Mew, Latias, his Pokemon, and Jen’s Pokemon. N and Sabrina had returned to Kanto in hopes that Jen had teleported herself to one of the Pokemon Centers.

        Red reluctantly summoned his Pokemon back into their Pokeballs, except for Charizard and Pikachu. He was about to climb onto Charizard’s back when he suddenly turned back to Mewtwo. “Last time I saw her, I was using my mental voice to speak to her thanks to you. How will I be able to speak to her now? I’m better off staying here looking for Jen with you all.

        “Just go, Red.” Mewtwo snapped.

        Red and his Pokemon flinched. “Uh…okay. Just contact either my Pokemon or me if you need help finding her, or when you find Jen.

Red then turned to his Charizard and climbed up on his back before the large, fire Pokemon took off into the sky with Red and Pikachu.

        “I know you’re upset, Mewtwo, but you don’t have to let it out on Red. He cares about Jen too, you know.” Mew said bluntly as she hovered over to him.

        Mewtwo sighed and began searching the rubble again.

        “Hey! Were you even listening to me?”

        “I heard you, Mew.” Mewtwo growled.

        “So why are you taking your misery out of Red and the others?” Mew asked.