Pranks, Gatherings, & Battles

Jen’s group landed on Mirage Island after watching Articuno and Rayquaza disappear into thin air.

        “Seriously, guys?!” Rayquaza roared as they landed before them. “You brought another human?!”

        “The girl was an exception last time, but this one…Arceus is going to make you take her back.” Uxie pointed out.

        “Why did you guys even bring her in the first place? What need do you have for her?” Yveltal asked.

        Ho-Oh coughed to get the others’ attention. “I may have lost my temper and…possibly killed or critically wounded her friends.”

        The Legendries stared at him in bewilderment. “You did what?!”

        “They were peeving me off and I wanted to teach them a lesson, but I got carried away.” Ho-Oh looked at the disguised Jen, who was trying hard to pretend that she couldn’t understand him. “I do not blame her for coming along. She has a right to be here…for a while.”

        “I still can’t believe that you attacked her friends to a point that you could have, may have, killed them!” Articuno cawed.

        “Who were her friends?” Mesprit asked out of curiosity. “Anyone we know?”

        Ho-Oh nodded. “The Halfling’s cousin and a black haired girl.”

        There was another moment of silence.

        Jen could see Mewtwo glaring at Ho-Oh from the corner of her eye. She remembered how he had reacted when Reshiram had called her ‘Halfling’. Mewtwo was giving the Legendary Bird the same death glare that he had given the white dragon, but he was trying to remain calm this time.

        “Please tell me you’re kidding.” Azelf said dryly.

        “Did you guys already know about this?” Mesprit asked. “Does your student know?”

        “It’s news to us.” Mewtwo and Latias said in unison.

        Mew quickly replayed the memory of Ho-Oh using sacred fire on Red, Amy, and her to everyone in the group. Jen shot Ho-Oh a death glare. She leapt off of Latias’s back and stormed over to Ho-Oh. “You could have seriously hurt my friends, you know. Everyone was lucky that they got out in time without getting hurt.”

        Ho-Oh lowered his head so that he was looking Jen in the eye. “I was only hoping to draw the mute boy and the girl out of hiding so I could battle them. I had no intension of harming the people of Ecruteak City.”

        Jen slapped him on the beak, causing Ho-Oh to flinch out of surprise. “Do you know how many people are homeless now with absolutely nothing left? Your sacred fire attack destroyed everything that they owned!”

        Ho-Oh stared at her, a hint of anger in his eyes. “I will accept the fact that their losses are my doing, but that is all I will do.”

        Jen continued to glare at him. “You could have killed a lot of people. You could have killed my friends!”

        Ho-Oh looked up at the Mews and Latias. “She said ‘could have’. Are the two still alive?”

        “Yeah, Red and Amy are still alive, and so are their Pokemon.” Latias replied.

        “Just imagine how mad Jen would be if she found out that you tried to kill her cousin.” Mewtwo said, shooting Jen an amused look.